1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot falling to #4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 7, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I concur - does feel like too big of a story to just pop up out of the blue...but in terms of strategic leaks, it makes a lot more sense.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

haha - thank you!

4. jayfree

jayfree Member

I actually think Portland is the one team in the league that would pass on a player (i.e Jordan... i.e Durant)

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/bradley-be...aft-free-agency-on-the-horizon-151801680.html

…the Rockets pick at No. 4 in the draft, where Houston is said to be targeting a point guard, leading many rival teams to project the Rockets selecting Overtime Elite playmaker Amen Thompson.

The Rockets have also attempted to bring G League Ignite guard Scoot Henderson to Houston for a pre-draft visit, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, albeit so far to no success. Moving up to land Henderson would also seem counterintuitive to any designs on netting Harden. Any lead guard-type drafted by the Rockets would certainly lose on-ball opportunities in Harden’s presence. Houston, though, doesn't seem to have the veteran talent that would entice Portland to slide down from the No. 3 position, should Henderson fall there, and it remains to be seen if Charlotte, holding the No. 2 pick, would entertain a legitimate offer from Houston, as the Hornets are also said to harbor playoff hopes for the 2023-24 campaign.

The Hornets are attempting to bring both Henderson and Brandon Miller back to Charlotte on Monday to visit with team owner Michael Jordan, league sources told Yahoo Sports. All signs appear to indicate the Hornets choosing between Henderson and the Alabama swingman, despite bringing in Amen and Ausar Thompson last week.

Charlotte could feasibly trade the pick, but the Hornets appear deep in internal deliberations between Henderson and Miller. There has been plenty of buzz about New Orleans and Toronto, in addition to Houston, registering interest in jumping up the draft board. The Pelicans are indeed quite high on Henderson, sources confirmed to Yahoo Sports.

ArtV and saleem like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If Scoot falls to 4, we should take him, and somehow figure out a way to also still take Taylor Hendricks.

prs325 and saleem like this.
  8. mario_v

mario_v Member

The betting lines changed over night when Burt steele tweeted this picture.

I am convinced Orlando always intended to draft Jabari but changed their minds because they knew stone was infatuated with Banchero.

Always keep your cards close to your chest. Rafael stone and Burt steele foolishly cost us Banchero.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

Why would Orlando base their number 1overall pick bc someone else liked a guy they weren’t interested in?

10. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Scoot will not be there at the 4th pick but Brandon Miller will

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Starting to think this as well. I’m just very unsure on Miller.

Things he does well
    -Shot maker
    -Good feel for game/passing
    -Good passer in PnR.
    -Height should allow him to be at least average rebounder and defender at SF.

Concerns
    -low shot release
    -vanishes in tourney
    -can he create a good look for himself when needed? Shot profile us too dependent on jumpshot.
    -handle is not near a Tatum level.
    -bringing guns to friends.

If we draft Miller it either means that he is our primary parameter defender or that we are putting Jabari out there. And I don’t love that because I think a great strength Jabari has is defensive rebounding.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

would prefer Taylor Hendricks to Brandon Miller

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Whats up with these diva ass dudes to not take visits leading into the draft ?

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I agree everything you said, if we draft Miller I think he might not start because you wan your SF your defensive stopper like Dillion Brooks.

if we could trade for Malcolm Brodgon for KJ and our 20th pick, and either draft Amen or Brandon Miller. I hope Amen because Brodgon would help Amen and sign Dillion Brooks in free agency.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This can’t be real.

he is a free agent …. Could we sign and trade him to Portland with our cap space then? Lol

17. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Evan Massey is the biggest hack there is

J.R. likes this.
  18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

“People who say…” Dumbass. “Internet”—Who the fuc$ are you talking about here you condescending dummy? Before you open your big mouth and criticize me look at your own shi+

#198 Stephen_A, Jun 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think you can do that directly anymore if I remember correctly, but we could eat contracts (Nurkic, Little, etc) to open up cap space for them to sign him outright.

If that's the direction they're going we should definitely try to get in on that. Nurkic would be a solid addition for us anyway. Something like this:

[​IMG]

csnerd84 and megastahr like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Miller remains the front-runner to go No. 2, but Henderson had a strong workout and meeting with Hornets officials last week, sources told ESPN.