1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Scola's blog] Yao, Catch Me If You Can.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freemaniam, Mar 14, 2010.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

http://luis-scola.blog.sohu.com/profile/

LOL! Nice one, Scola.

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Scola is a class act haha

3. Omer

Omer Member

Anyone else question the legitimacy of these blog posts? I mean he just dropped 44 a few hours ago and is going to go home and blog about it?

4. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

When you think about trading away Scola to some quality player next season, think about this first:

Scola is a winner in every level of basketball competitions he played. He is a natural leader. Sigh, isn't 'leader' too much a word to the then Rockets team several years ago (when everyone was expecting TMac and Yao to step up)?

Since when Bosh and Amare led their team to major championships (NCAA perhaps? I have zero knowledge about that.)?

5. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

They are legit. Scola confirmed it in an interview last month, with Nuno I believe.

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Scola isn't the type of guy that strikes me as having other people do his work. *CoughTmacCough* Sounds like Scola to me.

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wow. How has Yao never scored more than 41 in a game?

8. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

For anyone who doubts it, check out his twitter, its in spanish so I think its pretty good proof of legitimacy, not to mention DM tweeted him in a post. Tweeted 2 hours ago...

9. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I remember Battier mentioning that he edits Morey's and Scola's blogs sometimes.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

yao's 41 came from a triple ot, and iirc, he played almost 50 min in that game against the hawks.

now, one thing yao has scola doesnt is avg 20/10 for a season.

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

These 2 guys showing off their achievements to each other reminds me of a scene from 'Lethal Weapon' where Mel Gibson and the leading Actress showing their scars.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is the positive aspect of competition within the team.
    May that rub off on Yao.

13. PeppermintCandy

Actually that was a joke post on clutchfans. Not true.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Well Scola is more talented than Yao. The reason why Yao can score at a higher level is because Yao is so much taller and bigger. So defenders have a tough time trying to guard Yao because he is so tall.

Scola on the other hand does not have the advantage like Yao. Scola is under size for a power forward while Yao is the biggest player in the NBA. But Scola's footwork is much more advance than Yao's footwork. Scola has an arrays of moves and counter moves while Yao usually have a couple of go to moves and no counter moves.

So when Yao is scoring effectively during a game, teams would try to counter his offense or sometimes have him all figured out. Scola has so many different types of move along with his great footwork makes it hard to contain him once he's is in rhythm.

Between Yao and Scola, Luis Scola has achieved much more in his basketball career than Yao. I know some of you said that well Yao made the All Star team but to me, that don't mean much. All Star is more of a popularity contest and Yao's popularity is huge especially in China. But all the hype that Yao received when he came into the league was much greater than what was expected of Scola. All of Yao's injuries had slowed him down prevented him from reaching his full potential. Scola has exceeded the expectations and received a gold medal back in 04 and bronze medal in 08 Bejing. Scola also received the MVP awards in Bejing over players like Kobe, Wade and Lebron James. So Scola has won more awards and achieve much more than Yao Ming who was the number 1 first overall pick in 02 while Scola was the 55th overall pick in that same draft.

Im not saying Yao isn't as good as Scola. But when it comes to talent, Scola is more talented than Yao is. But Yao is much bigger which is tough for defenders to guard him because all Yao has to do is shoot over them. Scola have to go underneath them or around them. Scola is a incredibly gifted player and he is an All Star caliber player but he just don't get the credit he deserves. (If Scola plays for Cleveland, expect him to be an All Star player and the media would brag about how great of a PF he is)...

It is hard to say whether Yao would still be as good when he comes back. But right now, Scola should be our number 1 scoring option in the paint ahead of Yao. It is because Scola is much more durable and we can rely on him more than Yao at this point. If Yao can prove to all of us that he can still play at a high level then Yao will be our first post player offensive option but right now, it is Scola who runs the offensive post.

1 person likes this.
  15. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I think points are more difficult to come for centers because they can be easily denied of the ball, especially for someone not that mobile like Yao.

16. MD_in_Training

... :confused: What are you, like ten?

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

No Yao's career high was 41 points and that was a game I think against the Hawks where Yao played 50 minutes that game. Scola played 41 minutes while putting up 20-25 FG. That is impressive.

What bothers me is that Scola put up 44 points career high along with only missing 5 shots and he didn't even made it to the front of NBA.com. If that was Lebron James scoring 44 points and missing only 5 shots, he would be all over the NBA.com website and the media would be covering that for the next few days.

I just wish Scola gets more credit than he deserves. I mean Anderson Varejao gets way more recognition than Scola does. When Carl Landry was still with the Rockets and he was our sixth man, the NBA barely even know who Landry was. They were saying Anderson Varejao was way on top for sixth man...That shows you how the NBA is today.

18. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Sorry I offended you by saying Scola is more talented than Yao.

19. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

You are an idiot. :confused:

20. MD_in_Training

I don't really care what you say about anyone, but the points you made are like those of my 10 year old nephew.