1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola, THE most consistent Rockets player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clos4life, Feb 20, 2009.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

his such a great player to have, very good professional not mention very efficient.

2. lalala902102001

I don't think people understand how good Scola is. He is the perfect PF for this team.

People who would trade Scola/Artest for Amare are out of their minds.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Scola was great tonight. His best defensive effort against Dirk so far, and he was solid offensively drawing fouls and on the boards. We don't win this game without Luis tonight.

4. TheDream24

TheDream24 Member

Why? Yao draws much more attention, better at the low-post area, and Yao in the past has been a very clutch player. This season? He hasn't been the most clutch player ever, but Yao is clutch and you guys cannot deny that.

5. durvasa

I can deny it. 45% shooting, only 2 assists, and 9 turnovers in 88 clutch-time minutes. He needs to be better than that.

6. TheDream24

TheDream24 Member

You go ahead, as I said, Yao has done clutch things in the past. He has had some great 4th quarters too, I just don't understand why you guys call him a choker....

7. Chamillionaire

he's a stud, simply stated, he hustles, does all the little things great, got post moves, rebounds well and is very professional. he's the best PF since sir-charles and thorpe by far.

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

If I am San Antonio's GM, I'd be crying like a baby now.

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

15/15 this game. Scola has averaged a double double in the last 10 games.

Thanks Spurs

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, San Antonio could really use Scola now. I mean they are still a good team, but they would have been even better with an inside-out Duncan-Scola combo. I'm glad they were cheap.

I would also like to thank V-span for being stubborn and wanted to stay home. We love you V-span.

11. diegot143

diegot143 Member

I never had a doubt that he would become who he is. Ive always seen him as one of the best players, im glad to see that other ppl see it now too :)

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

been considering him the unquestionable best PF on the Rockets.. since I can remember..

13. durvasa

I'm not calling him a choker. I think he fatigues down the stretch, other teams put more defensive pressure on him, and when we try to rely on him more he's not able to rise to the occasion consistently enough.

The biggest problem is you can't just hand the ball to Yao 12 feet from the basket and ask him to create something. He's only effective with the ball when he's about 8 feet and in. People totally underestimate how difficult it is to get him the ball in that position when the other team is keying on him defensively. The Rockets needs to be quicker in reversing the ball and finding the openings when the defense sinks on Yao.

14. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

he doe not get injured

...nuff said

15. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Give Scola 3 years/ 30 million.

16. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Scola is a beast. He keeps it up and I may have to get his jersey. I also think his numbers and impact will go up without Mac.

Also am glad we didn't trade him for Amare. Before the deadline I had a nightmare that we did the deal and it shook me that whole day.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is extremely funny to me.

Who would ever guess that V-Span saying he was the T-Mac in Europe would actually turn into a form of self-deprecation? LOL.

18. TheDream24

TheDream24 Member

So how would you rate what he does in the 4th quarter? Just your average player? above average player in the clutch? I think Yao can be effective 12 ft in. He can still hit that jump shot from there. I do agree he does fatigue and he fatigues quite often in the 4th due to how much the team relies on him both offensively and defensively.

You don't just have to be clutch on offense, you can be clutch on defense by rebounding and defending and altering shots. Yao does that and by the way he did that against the Mavericks. He altered and contested most of Brandon Bass's mid-range jump shots, which by the way is money, because he is one of the most mid-range shooters for a big man.

In my opinion, Yao is a clutch player he just has been struggling to do it this season, nothing to worry about still have 20+ games left before being clutch really matters.

19. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

I agree Scola has been the most consistent player in the rockets. Not only his numbers show that but the games he played. He is by far the only rocket that haven miss a game in the entire season if I am correct. I don't know what the rockets will do without him.

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think we'll be able to do that more now. I think the only problem is that Adelman has to find a way to maximize his clutch play by minimizing his play in the 1st and 3rd quarters (rather than having play the whole quarter). Another thing is that when McGrady and Artest were in the clutch, the ball tended to move not as quickly so getting Yao to one side of the court to the other while trying to get our 2nd and 3rd option to pass the ball as fast and crisply as possible failed.

A lot of it has to do with team play and we have to focus on getting the ball as quick as possible from one side of the basket to the other (with a good post passer) in order to get Yao some great looks in the clutch 8 ft in.

I believe in the system and this team. Perseverance people. :)