1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola for ROY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jacquescas, Jul 16, 2007.

1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Come on, JHo could average 10/6 last season.

Hey, Scola can dunk the ball (at last our PF can dunk). Playing for Adelman & with T-Mac+Yao, I am sure Scola will have a couple of dunks, a couple of layups and a couple of wide open jumpers everynight. I guarantee Scola has double digit scoring next season in 20+ mins. :D

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Are you joking? He has ZERO chance to win Rookie of the Year. Let alone any award.

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Your post makes about as much since as a white dude at a funk festival.((what that means I have no idea)) Scola has as much potential to be a dominant player as anyone not named Oden or Durant! Oden will take a few years at 19 and Durant is the only obsiticle if Scola plays well. If you could have guranteed a team Scola would come over he would have been a top 6 pick easy.

4. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

That is a fair point.

5. scola

scola Member

12 and 7 as a rookie isn't bad?

I highly doubt he will reach those kind of numbers before his second season.

He will probably have Nocioni/Garbajosa like numbers... 9 pts, 5 rbs in 25 minutes. Getting better by the end of the regular season.

6. Fuse

Fuse Member

I am actually very hopeful in terms of his rebounding numbers. Everybody seems to like to box out instead for our team, hence the reason why Chuck was able to get so many boards. If Scola is even the least bit aggressive, I can see the rebounding figures around 7-8 per game. As for the scoring. I think he can easily pick up 10 points given the fact that there are so many easy point opportunities.

7. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Realistically, Im thinking 9-10 ppg and 6-7 rbg 2 assist and 55 fgp would be great. He could be third or fouth option and I have not even seen him play in like 3 years!

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Remember what our PF's did in game 7 vs. the Jazz...

Chuck Hayes - 28 minutes, 4pts, 2rb, 4pf
    JHo - 27 minutes, 2 pts, 7rb

They were both -abused- by Boozer - 35pts, 14rbs.

If Scola is better than CH and JHo by a margin then we are in good shape. I bet he would have delivered a lot better than what we had. JIMHO

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

same here, change thread title clutch, please.

10. awo86

awo86 Rookie

signed

11. AXG

AXG Member

I expect Scola will average double digits in points and about 5-6 rebounds per game. He is a very smart player and will see significant PT. He is easily one of the top 5 rookie PFs this season and can make it onto one of the All-Rookie teams.

12. Hemotivo

Hemotivo Member

:D :D :D

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Scola is 27 years old (and will be 27 the whole season). Not gonna have many 27 year olds go lottery in the draft. He'da probably went mid/low first round slightly above Tiago Splitter range

This was posted in another thread:
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...nger_john&id=2920870&univLogin02=stateChanged

Those are numbers per 40 minutes. So say he plays 25 minutes a game (Juwan Howard played 26.5 mintues a game last year, Andres Nocioni averages about the same minutes) then it'd be
    10.69 points & 6.37 rebounds a game.

14. Ashes

Ashes Member

I'd love to get about 11 and 6 out of him.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't really care about the numbers as long as he plays hard and with passion

He is a South American thats enough said. IMO they play with more heart than EUROS
    that will show statswise :eek:

16. Fuse

Fuse Member

I think he'll become the new fan favorite soon enough. We really do have a bunch of really likable guys on our team.