1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scola answers some questions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Jul 1, 2011.

1. anchel

anchel Member

http://www.mdzol.com/mdz/nota/30711...anillo-en-la-nba-seria-lo-unico-que-me-falta/

[​IMG]

(excuse translation errors)

Firstly, he said that he expects to play the Olympic qualifying (the tournament begins in August 30). Then he received some questions from people, I translate the questions that I found interesting:

About the Rockets season, Scola was very honest: "I don't think it was a bad year, but the goal was to get into the playoffs and we didn't. We came close, especially in the latter part of the year, but we didn't. It is a negative note. We played well in most of the season, is remarkable and is good, but the goal was not accomplished", he said.

How long you have plans to continue in the NBA?

I don't know, I don't know if at some moment I'll downgrade my level to continue with protagonism or maintain the level losing protagonism. I do not know at the time what I can get to decide. The ideal is to maintain my level of prominence in the NBA and be able to retire there. Anyway, this profession is very volatile, don't know what might happen. Today I am very happy, but next week they make two changes and I don't know.

Do you feel close to retirement?

I'm not near of retirement. Careers finish in a given time, that can not be avoided. I'm 31. Up to 40 I will not play. So they are less than nine, ha. I don't know exactly.

Are you excited to be a coach once you have left the practice?

No, I never felt very attracted to be coach. I would not be a good coach, I know because I have that feeling. I do not feel that calling. I would like to get some kind of success in a profession completely different to basketball. I plan to study something and see if I can find a profession that I like. But being a coach is a great gob, and everything can change. Our profession is very intense and difficult to stop playing. You lose the adrenaline level and everything that playing in a team gives you. I don't know if I will still need all that when I retire, and be a coach and is the easiest way to stick with that. So I don't know.

What do you think you lack to achieve in your career?

... Winning a ring in the NBA would be all I need, at a collective level. At the individual level it might be good for my resume to play an All-star game... is difficult and also very relative. I'd never change a ring for an All-Star Game.

4 people like this.
  2. Dei

Dei Member

Don't trade him.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's my guy! :cool:

4. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

rocket for life! guy just never gives up on the court.

5. Prince

Prince Member

1 person likes this.
  6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Just to add to this, he says he would never change a ring for an all star selection or change an all-star selection for a ring. Apparently they left half of the statement out of the printed interview, but i watched the video and that's the complete statement.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks for this about a really good guy, terrific professional.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Love Luis! I'm glad he will be playing soon. His knees are probably ok.

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

D-up Luis!

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Scola is trully professional. He should retire as a Rocket

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

And, of course, repped

13. parmesh

parmesh Member

1 person likes this.
  14. rocketsmetalspd

This is why Scola is a Rocket Lifer. I just like his attitude and the way he plays all out in every play. Scola is not the fastest or can jump the highest but he gives all out effort on every play. If like most in the bbs that keep insisting on trading Scola get over it he will not be traded and if he is I will root for him to win a NBA Championship.

15. rawool

rawool Member

That's my guy! B-)

16. alethios

alethios Member

Interesting use of words, "protagonism". Obviously, he wants to continue starting as PF, but would be happy being on the bench if they made the playoffs and had a legit chance at advancing.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I do love me some Scola!! I hope we can make a run while he is still with us!

18. anchel

anchel Member

The truth is that I hesitated about it, "prominent" better?
    Btw I'll say that I see a lot of mistyping, still not used to use the "preview post". Bad habits, don't need it in Spanish but in English I make mistakes (same keyboard ¿?).

I don't like that he expects to play again (and compete at that level) probably not being fully recovered. At least then has the lockout to rest something -and to work on his left hand?-

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I may be wrong, but i don't think that's what he meant. From what i understood, he's saying ideally he'd want to remain a starter in the NBA and retire that way, but he doesnt know if one day he'll decide to drop down a level(go to another league), so that he can remain a starter, or not be a starter, but at least remain competitive.

What you said could still hold true, since he says he's not sure what he'll be thinking in the the future, but i think he could decide to leave the NBA once he's not good enough to start anymore instead of being a bench player.

Anchel, are you from Argentina? Is my interpretation correct?

20. rju1986

rju1986 Member

Exactly why, the Scoop- is in my quotes. Here's to hard effort and keepin it real. Blood, sweat and tears man..