1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schwarzenegger Eyes Governor's Seat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MovieManiac, Jul 17, 2002.

1. MovieManiac

MovieManiac Member

Will he be a running man in 2006? It's possible, Arnold Schwarzenegger told reporters. The 54-year-old actor and GOP activist, speaking at a breakfast meeting of about 15 Republican governors attending the National Governors Association conference on Monday, said he is interested in the California governor's seat, the Associated Press reports. Schwarzenegger told reporters he had flirted with challenging Democrat Gov. Gray Davis last year but decided against it because of movie obligations. "It's still something I'm interested in (for) the future," Schwarzenegger said. "It gives me the greatest satisfaction -- much more than going down another red carpet to do a movie premiere -- to go and create after-school programs, help special Olympians, inspire kids to stay away from drugs and gangs." Politics is a family affair for Schwarzenegger, who is married to Kennedy relative and NBC correspondent Maria Shriver. The actor is currently filming "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," and "True Lies 2."

Truth is if he runs he just might get it......:D

2. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

He could never be president. :(

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yes, he could never be president. That doesn't sadden me so much, since I don't really think Arnold's got that much to offer politics.

Now Barkley's another matter. There's a truth talking Republican that would make me quit my job to go work to get him elected. Arnie's alright and I don't have a problem with him. But folks like Chuck are exactly what's missing from our system of government. If only he were a Democrat... Then again, on the issues which are important to me, I think he is. And I'll take him over any other Alabama politician, regardless of affiliation.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If it's anything like his gig on TNT, he'd show up to work two times out the week for 8 months and might or might not be drunk half the time. It beats having Jessie the Snake Ventura and his half assed diatribe.

5. Hydra

Hydra Member

Speaking of True Lies 2, anybody know if Eliza Dushku will have a big part in it? Oh, and I would definitely vote for Ahnold for governer.

6. lpbman

lpbman Member

?

so that's why he married MAAHREYAH
    It's all about the Kennedys

man..Shriver looks gaunt