1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

School shooting - at least 5 dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 22, 2016.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Some people don't realize it is not all about just preventing mass shooting. It is about limited the damage done by mass shootings. Why do we need semi automatic rifles?

ferrari77 likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Step 1
    because handguns are what’s used in mass killings, thought step 2 was already in place and step 3 isn’t a step.

#142 mick fry, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Need a consistent and good MKT campaign to show the death of children due to guns and blame it on those that refuses to do anything about it. Vote them out.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What was it? 90% want universal bkgrd check. Didn't happen because the right wouldn't allow it to happen. You start by voting out these people. But of course, anything, including mass death of children at school is better than replacing a R with a D. So yea, nothing will happen. All this about what do you want to do, we should have a discussion... all mute because the right refuses to vote out those that wouldn't do a thing about guns. Fake talk by coward. Regular mass shooting of school kids is an acceptable consequences of having guns. At least be honest about it.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gee, if we only had a law that would have prevented people with mental illness from purchasing guns...

7. NewRoxFan

Perhaps its best to stick to posting cryptic posts about trade rumors...

Police: Man broke into evidence room, stole handguns, drugs
    http://home.iape.org/features/headl...-into-evidence-room-stole-handguns-drugs.html

Windham police looking for person who broke into department's evidence room
    https://www.news5cleveland.com/home...roke-into-evidence-room-unknown-items-missing

State audit blasts NOPD evidence room, notes police leaders may have broken state law
    http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/07/state_audit_blasts_nopd_eviden.html

Police: Man Breaks Into Evidence Undetected, Takes Back Bike
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...eaks-into-evidence-undetected-takes-back-bike

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's only been one day right. This story will run its course within a week.

You stopped hearing about the Pulse shooting in about a month.

10. NewRoxFan

That's the hope of gun nuts who say "exploiting the event" and "its not the proper time to discuss guns"... they know that once the news passes that there will be another shooting, and rinse and repeat...

11. NewRoxFan

Must have had a few extra minutes between rounds of golf, Fox and Friends and tweet sessions...

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I also just realized "more police presence in schools" is the new talking point of such people. The mental health angle is still there but it's probably running 1a to "we need more police in schools". Sigh.

America.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Here you go since you missed one of the many dozens of threads on this topic (very recent might I add). First post is my opinionated piece.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/practical-gun-control.286348/

Let me critique your points:
    1) If you know a ban on handguns will not happen, then why bother arguing it? Living in a fantasy world while trying to debate realistic options accomplishes absolutely nothing but to divide.

2) We. Already. Have. Them. Im sure you're going to hit on private sales but let me stop you. Private sales are extremely ambiguous. Did I sell you a gun? Did I give you the gun? Did I lend you the gun? Tracking private sales only works if we have a national gun registry. And thats just not going to happen anytime soon. Most gun deaths happen 3 ways; From legal purchases, from careless gun owners, and criminals (ie: they will break the law regardless to get a gun).

The problem is we have too many ****ing guns on the street brought in by legal purchase from careless people who are not held accountable for their negligence.

3) NRA loves people like you. They love people who want to ban and take rights away. As I mentioned in point 1, bans debates only serve to promote divide. The second you mention 'ban', they now can pull the second amendment right card and any mutual agreements that can be found are thrown out the window. NRA wins. You lose because no legislation is passed all because you hit that forbidden 'ban' button in the conversation. This is why the assault weapons ban is completely idiotic. It does absolutely nothing to curb gun violence and only pisses off pro gun people.

14. conquistador#11

I never saw the big hooray over the second amendment with the gun fanatics. Face it, if you're either a republican or democrat and you threaten either with guns, you're going to be labeled a terrorist by the regime in power. Your guns mean nothing. If for a revolution, guns will always be available by the enemy of your enemy.

Back in my day, if you really wanted to overthrow a fascist regime, The russians would just throw ammunition and weaponry to the jungles. We called these brave men guerrilleros meanwhile everyone starved but we had guns!from the RUSSIANS!

I also believe Cruz would have just gone underground to get these guns there is always a guy. That still doesn't mean they should be easily available to access. I read somewhere :https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/10/pam-bondi-nra-age-limit-florida_n_3900083.html

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I mean it is very simple:

If you don't like gun violence in our schools then just move out of the U.S. or send your kids to private schools you cheap skates!

We will not make changes to a 200 year old piece of paper just because a few hundred people get shot by crazy people. Do we outlaw cars? More people die in DWI crashes than school shootings. It's a drop in the bucket. There are millions of Americans.

Your kids don't matter, your piece of mind doesn't matter, you can make more kids but you can't make a new Constitution.

16. No Worries

The top 1% solution.

17. No Worries

I think the only viable solution is to arm the entire populace, no age limit.

18. NewRoxFan

You listed off things that don't work in his post... why not suggest things that will?

And btw, just because the NRA opposes something doesn't make it bad, or shouldn't be considered.

19. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

conquistador#11 likes this.
  20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

People in this country do not use common senses when it comes to government.

#160 pirc1, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    conquistador#11 likes this.