1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

School shooting - at least 5 dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Thoughts and prayers.

Stupid libtards don' realize the republicans will fix this and make America great again like they did with the wall, Obamacare, Isis and everything else great they've done. GDP! Muslims! Foreigners! Yay!

Eric Riley likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

The usual suspects have shown up, they are exactly why we can't have a rational discussion about gun control.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At least here in TX they already are there and aren’t going anywhere for some time.

Also many of the same construction companies hired to build prisons also build schools.

4. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

5. dobro1229

And we don’t even have it necessarily talk gun control. Fine... you are that passionate about guns fine. You have a hard on for AR15’s more power to you.

Tell me what other great ideas you have then. If doing nothing is your plan cause “humans will be humans” then you simply are a POS and I’m sorry but it is being complicit.

Eric Riley likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

What does that have to do with anything? I reckon they also built apartments and offices too.

7. Buck Turgidson

I do believe you have completely misconstrued my thinkings.

8. dobro1229

The point was to the poster that schools already closed off secure structures with high security. It’s certainly not Alcatraz but schools already are doing a lot but it’s not all on them and the teachers.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Why would I care? Stopped reading after this.

What's the point of a cop patrolling their beat? Most people love having cops around as neighbors or where ever. Trained protection.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This horse has been beaten since the 99er First Men set foot on this forum. What else is there to discuss?

11. dobro1229

You said people can’t have a rational conversation about this topic.

I said forget the topic (liberals hyperventilating about gun control). If you don’t want to talk gun control fine, what others brilliant ideas do folks have other than thoughts and prayers? I’m willing to talk about anything but I take a pretty hard stance on doing nothing.

Not sure what is so confusing about my response.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

NRA Sticking With Trump, Breaks Own Record for Campaign Spending
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nra-sticking-trump-breaks-own-record-campaign-spending-n665056

NY Daily News calls out GOP senators on NRA money
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/373922-ny-daily-news-calls-out-gop-senators

The NRA invested millions in these politicians in 2016
    https://qz.com/1207851/parkland-sho...lions-in-trump-and-other-republicans-in-2016/

[​IMG]

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. Buck Turgidson

Why change anything? What we are doing as a society is working so well.

It doesn't matter, we can't even agree on regulating who can own guns, much less what kinds of guns they can own.

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Who said anything about not wanting to change anything?

You asked why we can't have a real discussion. I am only reminding you we have dozens of threads on this topic. Plenty of discussion has been had.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Makes me feel like
    Don't forget metal detectors at all stores, restaurants, apt complexes of more that four units, parking garages, businesses of more that two employees etc. . We will then have full employment..

We must at all costs make America great for gun manufacturers.

17. Buck Turgidson

What do you propose?

I say: ban handguns, Step 1 (I know that nobody will actually agree with me). Step 2: serious, national, background checks and waiting periods; then Step 3? What is tolerable to the NRA crowd? Registration? Licensing? I've got a bunch o' guns, none of this bothers me, and I'm cool with whatever makes the people safer.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Lol wut?
    I don't think "Space Ghost" has actually paid attention to threads on this topic over the years if he/she thinks it's difficult or impossible to find more than one person on this forum who doesn't think better gun control is needed(even sans a ban on specific types).
    All one has to do is read this thread and it's easy to pick out the usual suspects. With their nonsense about "world being dangerous...humans killing...blah blah blah". Yet they forget that no 1st world country in the world has a problem like this.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You know what is messed up. You are not old(18yrs) enough to drink in Florida but are old enough to own an AR 15. On one hand the state doesn't think you are responsible to have a beer but here you go you can have a semi automatic rifle. Anyone else think that is ****ed up?

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I was listening to the talk radio blowhard (insert your favorite name) while I was in the car tonight and he was going on and on about how this was evil and you can't stop evil. Welp, there ya go. Talk to y'all at the next massacre, won't be long I'm sure.

ferrari77 likes this.