1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you think owners are going to be happy about this? Cal probably has pressure on him to hold because small market teams don't want the Texans to set precedent of superstar players who just started their new contract they signed FIVE MONTHS AGO to just dip out when they please.

2. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Has there ever been a time a star player requests to be traded etc. and then ends up staying?

3. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Many differences I am sure but Hakeem? Even if Watson stays, Easterby is still here which to me is the core issue and makes this trade demand unique and unlike others.

4. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Yes and no. Kobe requested a trade, Lakers didn't do it immediately but quickly listened to his input and got their sh*t together. He gave them a little more time and the rest is history. Thats all I can think of, when a star of that magnitude is not worried about the money, they are as good as gone if they choose. People just to stubborn to understand it. Rockets couldn't even bribe Harden with $50,000,000 lol.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

I'm noticing a shift in perception by general nfl fans. A month ago everyone was on Watson's side outside of Texans fans. But now you are seeing more and more fans on places like r/nfl who are now calling him a child. I'm just noticing a relative difference here because those sentiments were not that prevelant a month ago on the comment sections there.

I wonder if eventually if Watson would be scared of the reputation hit if he doesn't show up ag all this season.

6. fchowd0311

Harden also only had 2 years left on his contract and was past the age of 31 while also playing 8 full seasons and legitimately giving the Rockets a fair chance.

Watson signed a massive extention just 5 months ago. The Texans own his contract for much more longer and this is the NFL where owners don't heed the demands of players as much as NBA stars.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

That's about to change with Watson. Some of the power will tilt. I understand everyone's view but he WILL be traded eventually.

8. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Nah, he's to well loved and thought of for anything to stick long term.

Sooty likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

Honestly, Caserio might just let Watson sit the entire season, let the team tank and his trade value might only slightly dip.

We'll see if Watson is willing to miss a year of stat accumulation during his prime years that can help build legacies.

raining threes likes this.
  10. raining threes

You seem to think the McNair's care about this.

Truth is the Texans are going to be bad next year with or without Watson. Let him sit and get a feel for what losing real money feels like.

11. raining threes

With or without Deshaun.

12. raining threes

Can you give me the definition of the word input?

13. raining threes

I also cant blame the Texans for their stance.

Icehouse and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. raining threes

Unless I got the deal I wanted this is exactly what I would do.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Texanstradamus

It’s so weird he goes to Cabo right when the hiring process kicks off

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Kobe. Owner told him to kick rocks.

I’m pro player empowerment IF they can flex it like that, so I’m not mad at him for trying. I also won’t be mad if the Texans refuse to roll over.

Either way, the home schedule is looking weak next year if Wilson escapes. With our talent and this schedule, maybe next year is time to tank away.

#1917 Icehouse, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

It's like the ending of Eyes Wide shut, the Texans and Watson just need to ****. If traded, it ends badly for everyone. That said, Watson has painted the situation into a corner. And that changed the conversation to move on or it will suck even worse.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. fchowd0311

Lol. No. He got his massive pay day with the Texans 5 months ago when he knew the "culture" situation. He wants it both ways. I understand Watson has self interest but please don't post this as God damn "integrity". Integrity would be not getting a massive pat day from an organization who allegdly don't respect.

This doesn't make Watson a bad person but stop with these absurd takes about "integrity". There is no "intregity" here.

Bobbythegreat likes this.