1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

well dang if you believe that then I believe he’s 100% happy and ready to be here!!! Since all we have is reports and social media.

TheFreak likes this.
  2. raining threes

If I am doing business, I'm not doing business with anybody related to the QB that I just gave a 27 million dollar signing bonus with 111 million guaranteed and now that QB wants out either because he didn't get the minority GM/HC he wanted or because when the team wasn't good he cut and ran as hard and fast as he could.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Texans aren’t trying to win though. This ALL nepotism first, religion 2nd and football third.

4. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I understand what you're trying to say, but I respectfully disagree. At almost any company, if you have someone who's far and away the best employee, and everyone knows he makes the money to prove it, then there is no "offseason". If you're just a regular manager at a job, and get a call while on vacation, you may not get penalized for not answering, but there's an expectation that we pay him enough to answer.

As for this situation, I do believe that considering Deshaun doesn't really have much leverage, he should at least be willing to have a conversation with them, or make it clear he has no intention of speaking with them until he's on another team. There is no real middle ground. In my humble opinion, the excuses of I'm mad, it's the off-season, I'm on vacation, they just don't hold water....

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

My point is you can't call him being unprofessional when we haven't seen him do anything unprofessional. He hasn't dogged the team publicly. He hasn't slandered anyone in the organization. If your are holding on to "he is not taking the Texans calls", doesn't it make a difference whose and how often he has ignored calls? Plus like I said it is the offseason. He hasn't missed anything he is obligated to attend.

6. JayZ750

I’m not holding onto it. I’m reading the reports that say he’s ignoring calls. You want to say that’s not true cause it’s a report to which I said fine, in that case will believe none of this stuff....

as for it being the offseason... it doesn’t mean they’re on vacation the whole time.

this is the same tactic James Harden took. And Harden later apologized for it. The means justified the end to him, as they might to DW.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. raining threes

You dont know this

You do get what I'm saying and if Watson had a problem with the Cal or the org he sure didn't potray that when he was signing his contract. Cal, Easterby were there when he signed that contract.

8. DCRocket

DCRocket Member

For someone who’s quick to call out DW on his public statements and hold him accountable because he never had “reports” otherwise, you’re pretty quick to hone in on “reports” that fit your narrative about DW and ignore the lack of “public statements”

Nook, BMoney and DatRocketFan like this.
  9. JayZ750

this was too confusing to even make any sense out of lol. Maybe because I smoked a huge bowl an hour ago or maybe just confusing lol.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

I didnt say that is not true. We don't know and we definitely don't know the whole story. You can't call him unprofessional. Would it be better if the report said Watson was answering the phone but still wants a trade. What difference does that even make ?

This is not the tactic James Harden used. How can you say that, we are not even close to OTAs.

11. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Carolina releasing players........

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Imagine sticking up for the Houston Texans front office right now. Jesus, that's rough.

Sooty and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If he can become unmotivated when things are not all going his way that speaks volumes I have no idea why you think that absolves him.

$ seasons of solid play is not something I expect of the number one pick and his less than solid play once he became "unmotivated" cements his bust status.

Yes a bust would have been traded for only a 3rd and 2nd round pick when that bust should be in his prime, just look at what the Lions got for Stafford a guy who is much older, the fact that he only got that shows he is a bust especially looking at what it took to get him.

Bust are wanted by teams all the time, just look at Tanneyhill, Winston and Haskins.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Denver, Miami, NYJ, Carolina, etc. all want him then someone should cough up the 4 first rounders at least. I wouldn’t want CMC, Darnold, etc. need to completely gut the roster of anyone making big $ and make sure you get top picks the next few years.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

17. Texanstradamus

This whole offseason it feels like Watson QB coach Quincy and Agent been in his ear more than Watson being upset himself cause he went on vacation right when the hiring process started how do we know the Texans didn’t contract him hell he could have been ignoring calls then. Then claiming not to know about the hiring team I wouldn’t trade him cause it you won’t get value for him if it’s not the jets don’t want another teams scrub QBs either in a deal

18. Texanstradamus

meh he has a low ceiling to me.

primtim24 likes this.
  19. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he's the target, do like Oakland (Carr) and Cincinnati (Dalton) and get a 2nd round pick this in the trade to draft him later in the draft. Need someone with a higher floor and ceiling with a top 10 pick.

cmoak1982 likes this.