1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

And at the end of the day this is the only thing that matters.

2. conquistador#11

The more I think about this situation it becomes even more Fubar than the week before. I definitely still want that Jets' deal. The reason why is because in the dream rebuilding process you would draft your qb and then still have some first round picks available. All of my favorite qbs in this draft are of Holiness and righteousness, just the denomination changes. Lawrence, Wilson and Trey! All holy phenoms.

I get that excitement of when Mahomes was falling in the draft, when I think of those 3 names.

But as reality sinks in, if I'm easterby why would I want this to end? Let my grift carry on. Once you draft a rookie qb the hourglass begins on your fall from grace. Why risk it. I'd be pushing for stop gap qbs. 10 seasons of stop gap qbs. Hopefully Kyle gets bored of easterby the end of the 2021 season instead of 2027

arkoe likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

saw that one coming a mile away. reunited with Frank Reich. Interesting to see the return and it screams how bad Wentz has fallen. Should be able to regain some traction with Indy.

honestly relieved LOL seemed like a Texan worthy thing to do - trade Watson for Wentz!

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Was worried about a Wentz deal as well, moving onto worrying about Carr now.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'd take Carr over Wentz in a battle of doo doo sandwiches! Can you imagine? Carr family is crazy religious right? I know David was pretty devout and outspoken about his faith while here. That would check off the biggest box for the bozos on Kirby.

mario_v and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t want Carr but he is far from doo doo

raining threes likes this.
  9. raining threes

This was RS philosophy when it came to the QB position. Look at the QB"s he drafted and where he drafted them over the years.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Maybe - depends on your taste for QB play. Going from Watson to Carr would be the mother of all let downs - I'd rather take my chances with ANY QB from the draft.

Nook, cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If We trade Watson for Carr, it's the complete sht cycle. Do not do.

Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I mean I would too, I don’t want Carr either. But from a physical stand point he can do anything on the field. Similar athlete to Deshaun and has put up consistently good numbers.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I wouldnt go that far. He's had some pro bowls, but his QBR has been wretched early in his career (someone around here mentioned that stat as noteworthy), nice to see him flourish under Gruden and become more consistent, but he's not in Watsons league and has probably already reached his apex. He's a more athletic game manager and he "only" makes 25Ms per year which could lead to some 'value' discussions. I'd take him over Wentz, but would be far from excited if he was the QB for the Texans. I'd rather start from scratch.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree completely, I just would put him above game manager. Just slightly though.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He can get the job done no doubt has had a good amount of game winning drives, but he's already 29. Just seems like an expensive stop gap when you could get a similar player for far less if that was the route - truthfully I'd take Fitzmagic over Carr if you just want a smart QB not of F things up.

I think a young QB gives off the mystique of hope and possible stardom. That could pacify the grumps like me.

conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

100%, I don’t want any vet QB in a trade. Picks for young talent.
    And will need a high one if we want Wilson.
    Scouts are starting to put him over Trevor.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'm already at the acceptance portion of the cycle of grief. Watson is gone in my mind, but this thing needs to be scorched earth. I'd take back a Darnold, or Tua or Teddy B just to use them as the blocking dummy while the youngster we draft sits for a year. Not sure I see any QB in this draft who you could thrust straight into the fire. Maybe Mac Jones, but he's not as dynamic as Deshaun was after facing the best competition the nation had to offer.

I don't even care who the young QB is anymore - I just hope the Texans don't get cute.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

19. Fantasma Negro

Childish

Tried to walk it back like a b****

King1 and whag00 like this.
  20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think that was a great trade for Indianapolis. Damn!