1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Will somebody please stop engaging the racist, agenda-driven, banned from the D&D, still hurt because “MAGA” movement failed poster, who shall not be named.

The Bucs just won a SB and wouldn’t hesitate TOMMOROW to offer up 3 future firsts for DW4, if there was some way they could fit his contract under their cap.

You could also use his own flawed logic against him. The Texans were 10-6 last year with just a slightly better defense and worse overall offensive efficiency than this year... which featured an all-time worst defense. The Bucs were 7-9 last year with a good offense that turned the ball over too much, and won a SB by holding one of the greatest offenses of all time to no touchdowns.

If you honestly think Brady on this Texans team, with this defense, could do the same... then you have an agenda.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Please be more specific....

Nick likes this.
  3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Playing the race card? Really? You should be ashamed of yourself. Race has nothing to do with this debate -- stop trying to force it in.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wouldn't if I didn't know your post history. It's the context of the backdrop of your post history that makes me question your narrative being racial. Sorry dude, that's your fault for your post history. You have to learn to deal with it.

Watson his entire life has been praised for his work ehtic and leadership ability. Comparing him to Brady who joined a team that could hold the most prolific offense in NFL history to zero touchdowns as evidence of Watson having "bad culture" on top of your post history of lambasting "black culture" in the D&D and you specially pointing out "rap music" is merely adding 2+2 together.

Is Watt a "bad culture" type person?

Sooty likes this.
  5. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

No. Get that stuff out of here - you are wrong and now just trying to smear.
    I did not question Watson's work ethic or even use those words. I questioned his character in holding out. I questioned his leadership in giving up after 1 bad season. I compared him to the GOAT to illustrate how thin his resume is to be doing the stuff he's currently doing... which includes posting song lyrics to his social media like a child, while Brady wins championships like a mature adult.

Just stop. You were losing an argument, so you shamefully insert race to divert the discussion. Truly the lowest blow possible.

6. fchowd0311

What? You are implying that Watson beings bad culture and Brady brings good culture and you used rap music as point of reference and on top of that, your entire post history in the D&D regarding Black activism and Black issues gives rational pause for concern that this is racially motivated.

MrBear1 and Sooty like this.
  7. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE. Not black vs white culture. Good grief. You have this wrong, my man. Very wrong.

8. fchowd0311

It's called dog whistling dude. You are using "organizational culture" as a crutch. Using rap music as a talking point is insight in where your actual motivation for this narrative comes from.

Maybe the racial sentiments are so subconsciously ingrained in you that you don't know you are subconsciously doing it.

Sooty likes this.
  9. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Dude, I even DEFINED organizational culture on the last page - to prevent this exact possible mischaracterization. You are wrong. I'm telling you that you are completely wrong. Let it go - you are forcing race into this when it is simply not there.

10. fchowd0311

I'm telling you that I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt knowing your D&D rhetoric. Rhetoric has consequences.

Of course you aren't going to outright say "black culture is what is wrong with this team". Modern racists aren't so explicit.

Sooty likes this.
  11. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

A winning organizational culture is what is wrong with this team. I think we can all agree on that.

My point was that Brady brought a winning culture to the Bucs. Which should be obvious after the Super Bowl win last night. That was my point - nothing racial about it -- or even close.

12. fchowd0311

Brady brought what any top 10 qb would bring after coming from one of the worst starting qbs in the NFL... Hope.

So Watson to even the likes of Carson Wentz would spark some more hope into that Tampa franchise moving from Winston.

Again, the Bucs just held the most prolific offense in NFL history to zero touchdowns. That wasn't Brady.

13. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't coincidence that Tom Brady happened to win the Super Bowl...... he has now won 7 of them, more than any franchise in NFL history. The Bucs were under .500 last year with the same coaches and defense. The defense for the Bucs was very impressive and deserves a lot of credit, but the MVP was and should have been Tom Brady.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Two things can be true at the same time. Brady brought hope to the team and 10 other qbs in the league could have done the same thing.

Obviously Brady was a huge upgrade to Winston. Last season's Bucs had a almost .500 record with one of the worst starting qbs in the league. Going from one of the worst starting qbs in the league to top 10 with a team that is close to .500 is going to bring dramatic results.

Brady didn't chose a bad situation. He didn't leave the Pats for no reason. The Bucs had a very good roster outside of qb.

In reality someone on the defense should have gotten MVP. The Bucs wouldn't win with 31 pts if the Chiefs had their average offensive performance. That's how all time great that offense was where if before the game you told be the Bucs scored 31, I would assume they lost.

Sooty and Nook like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, I don't think 10 other quarterbacks in the league could have done the same thing that Brady did. I don't think there is another quarterback in the league that could manage the game the way he did, make literally no mistakes and give the confidence and leadership that he did. I am not a huge "leadership" guy, I think the majority of players (great or otherwise) fall somewhere in the middle.... but it isn't coincidence that Brady won the championship this season. It isn't like the Bucs were some great team before him either.

Shark44, cmoak1982 and Sooty like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is largely accurate, people often forget that Brady and the Patriots never won a SB without one of the best defenses in the NFL. The worst ranked scoring defense Brady ever won a SB with was 8th in the league, the most points per game a SB team has given up was this year at 22.8 points per game.

This of course makes it even worse that BOB did all he could to dismantle an elite defense here in Houston right at the point when they might have been able to win something if they had kept it together.

Bill O'Brien is the single worst thing to happen to a football team in Houston sports history.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

He had a so-so rookie year.......... then was arguably the best QB in the NFL his second year...... followed it up with an elite 3rd year...... then a well above average 4th year.... then a horrendous 5th year.

He is only 28, and with some QB's still playing later in their careers, it isn't unreasonable to believe that you can get another 5-7 years out of him.....

I really don't think he should be that hard to move for a #1 pick with so many teams out there like the Bears that need a QB.

19. conquistador#11

No doubt he can have a resurrection somewhere else. San Fran would be a great landing spot . I'm just not comfortable having a ginger as the qb. There I said the quiet part loudly. Love female gingers, one of the best. Basketball: The Waltons , Blake! But QBs? Just not for me. Weeden did clinch a crucial game for the Texans.

Nook likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

The Bucs held the most prolific offense in NFL history to zero touchdowns. That has nothing to do with Brady besides maybe attracting a couple of key free agent signings which any top level qb would attract.

They were a good team with one of the worst starting qbs in the league last year. Hence their 7-9 record. I genuinely think any top 10 qb would catapult them to contender status.

Bobbythegreat likes this.