1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Exactly! Think about that. He feels he can turn around just about any franchise BUT THIS ONE!!!! Your answers are all in front of you yet you are clinging to some invisible standard.

He's been a winner his whole life! This season sapped his love for the first time probably. You think winning is NOT important to him? He plays for championships, money is just a cherry for him. He can get money anywhere.

You are downplaying just how awful the front office for this team is/has been/will be.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not a player fan only, I wish him the best, but want him to be successful here. If he goes somewhere else, I would prefer the team fail so the picks are better.
    I don’t know how else to make that clear. I can condemn the team for their actions and inability to prioritize winning over everything and at the same time want my home town team to be successful.
    No player is ever going to be above my home town team or franchise.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No, I’m really not.
    You are downplaying just how bad other teams (some on his list) front offices and management are.
    Watson is not going to carry a bad team, he’s good but not that good.
    And what about him says that he knows what it takes to be a winner? He thinks he can go anywhere and win, yet he can’t do that here? After he co-signed on OB and other moves?

The logic isn’t consistent.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And you don’t know winning is all that matters to him. You’re assuming. Fair assumption but not remotely close to being “truth”. His actions are saying his brand is more important than other aspects of his career.

5. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

His actions are saying the exact opposite to me. The fact that it's been reported he's almost willing to go ANYWHERE but Houston, tells me this isn't about money, this isn't 100% about winning, because he thinks he can do that anywhere, but this is about getting out of a toxic culture.

I firmly believe that something has happened that has made him believe this relationship just isn't salvageable (either something heinous we haven't heard of yet, or Cal refusing to get rid of the cancerous Easterby)

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deshaun needs to go ask for “a little raise”. :D

What Hopkins knew was, “that asking for a little raise would lead to the outcome that I got,” he says, “which is the outcome that I wanted.” ... It wasn’t just about contract, although it factored in and, by asking to redo it, Hopkins knew he could leverage his way out of town.

But in that meeting Hopkins told Irvin that, in reference to Hopkins’s friends, O’Brien brought up another player he had coached, former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, the convicted murderer who hanged himself in prison. O’Brien also used the term “baby mothers” to refer to the mothers of Hopkins’s three children, two boys and a girl. (He is not married.) O’Brien confidants say they doubt the coach used those exact words. But because the men lacked depth in their relationship, the sentiments that O’Brien expressed didn’t come across as genuine concerns for Hopkins and his well-being. They seemed like answers to why they had no relationship in the first place. They felt like judgments, from a coach who didn’t seem to care about him—plus the outdated contract.

Shroopy2 and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Fantasma Negro

9. Fantasma Negro

Caserio should come out and condemn the Brett Favre comments. Would be a good pr move

Sooty, Rudyc281 and Htown Legend like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So typical to pull out the race card.
    When everything fails, claim racism (falsely) and organizations will fear the moniker and cave into fear.
    This has nothing to do with race. Anyone that claims that is just a close minded idiot.

whag00 likes this.
  11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'd love for this to happen though, very easy transition as a fan for me, living in colorado

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

At this point, if we trade Deshaun... I hope it’s the Jets. Best package, and they’ll likely still suck even with Deshaun- which keeps the future picks valuable.

Post Deshaun and post JJ- we will likely be in the running for the #1 pick next year.

Zach Wilson and Justin Fields don’t excite me much. I’d take that #2 pick and trade back with a team who wants one of those 2 QBs and stockpile more picks.

Create a bidding war for Deshaun. Even if you know the Jets package is the best available, entertain a Miami package, entertain a plethora of Raiders picks... max the Jets out until they’re ready to mortgage their entire future for Deshaun.

These next couple years are gunna suck. I love all Houston teams. I love my Rockets, Astros, and Texans. Sometimes it’s literal hell and I probably invest too much emotion and time into all three teams, but I’m an addict.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

in that discussion neither of us are right then. The 30 for 30 on this situation will be must watch TV in a few years.

Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

Sooty and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Next years QB class is not very good though. I would rather take gamble on Wilson, personally.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, unfortunately there might several 30 for 30s about Houston sports in the future

Rudyc281, phasors28 and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

That kind of sucks, especially with the way he was so adamant he didn't want a raise, and he blasted the Texans for the way they shipped him off without cause.

If this was a DeAndre Hopkins thread, the vibe would be totally different. But oh well....

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member