1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With this management team, I imagine that they think saying "we dont want to trade him" means its over.

Whatever happens, I imagine the Texans will be "blindsided" when Deshaun twists the screw and they'll end up trading him for a fraction of what they could have gotten if they'd just heeded his warning that he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Smug overconfidence seems to be the default state for Texans' management.

IBTL and Nook like this.
  3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

This is possibly another indication the Watson camp isn't as dug in as previously reported. But the same implication remains: fixing it easy *if* the #Texans are willing to listen & take action (coughcoughfireeasterbycoughcough). Unfortunately, that sure seems like a gigantic IF with these ding dongs.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Its as simple as dumping Jack. That's literally all they have to do.

gatsby, mikol13, TWS1986 and 8 others like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sometimes the simplest and easiest solution is to Jack off.

IBTL likes this.
  6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It sure seems like that would be a big deal, yeah.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Incredible isn't it?

Took this city 20 years to find a franchise QB and Cal seems to think he'll never find another bald headed youth pastor.

You can throw a rock in this city and hit at least two of those.

gatsby, mikol13, TWS1986 and 5 others like this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

As a long time BoB hater, the argument that Watson kept him here does hold water.

It is undercut by the fact fact Cal doesn't seem to GAF his opinion on new hires but Watson defended butt chin in the media far more than he needed too. To his own detriment.

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Absolutely. Although I think ignorance and tone deafness is a huge factor. Cal talking about the ice bucket challenge when pressed by Brian T. Smith during Caserio's introductory presser was just the epitome of him and the problems. Then to skip Culley's presser but put out some ridiculous opening comment like they're pulling one over on us.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Unfortunately I think it has gotten bigger than that. It's a starting point for sure but there seems to be so many questions on Cal and whether you can trust him to properly run the franchise. Literally every decision he has made since taking over has been so poorly executed and to the detriment of the team. And as touted as Caserio has been through the years, him saying that Jack will be part of personnel decisions, not interviewing Saleh, and ultimately picking Culley seems like he was just falling in line with Cal and Easterby. Obviously don't know how it ends because even if Jack was fired, Cal and Caserio aren't going anywhere. Just my opinion but think we have gotten past the point reconciliation.

Nook likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1191 J.R., Feb 2, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd like to see the Jets turn down the chance to acquire Watson because they are afraid Sam Darnold becoming a serviceable QB somewhere else.

Nook, justtxyank and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fact Watson going over the top in defending BOB year after year, one of the worst head coaches and GM's in NFL history, is a VERY solid reason to listen to yet ultimately discard any input he might have when it comes to who to hire as GM or head coach.

He absolutely loved BOB the whole time....especially when he was able to get a VERY player friendly contract out of him.....only to stab the franchise, his teammates, and his fans in the back just a few months after signing that long term commitment to them.

He's an absolutely garbage individual despite how talented he is on the field. That's the thing that should give other teams pause when it comes to giving up the world for him.

JayZ750 likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

According to you,

Harden is garbage for wanting to leave to get closer to a championship with Durant.
    Watson is garbage for wanting to leave to get closer to a championship.

I'm hearing that JJ Watt may want out too, to get closer to a championship.

I got two questions, Is JJ Watt garbage for wanting to leave? And, at what point do these Houston Sports organizations have to take responsibility for the perception of THEIR star players in their respective sports that they can't build a champion? Asking for a friend.........

#1195 TEXNIFICENT, Feb 2, 2021
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

According to me, Harden is garbage for the way he handled himself quitting on and actively sabotaging the team, Watson is garbage for making a 5 year commitment to the team only to stab the team, his teammates, and his fans in the back a few months later.

Unlike those other 2, Watt hasn't made a public spectacle of himself, and hasn't attempted to harm the franchise. If that changes, my opinion of the situation will change.

I get that simps cling to the nuts of star players like Watson and Harden, but their actions are indefensible.

Funny enough, all the whining that the simps did about Fertitta and the Rockets organization before the Harden trade looks pretty stupid today now that a team full of players that want to be here are playing hard. The same will be true for the Texans if Watson accepts that he's going to be here and stops throwing a tantrum or if he continues to try and sabotage the franchise and gets traded.

Don't worry, I'm sure your guys see you simping hard for them and are proud of you for it. LOL

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Did JJ Watt just sign a mega extension?
    Did JJ Watt repeatedly back the dude that was 80% responsible for the crap roster and toxic culture that exists? It's fun to point all blame at Jack. But DW had to be the dude to "calm Bill down" over and over. Dude was a menace to a winning culture.

There are definite garbage aspects to the Harden move. Some. But he didn't sign a mega extension and ask to be trade shortly after. And he gave the team if i recall 3 head coaches and multiple multiple rosters changes around him. But yeah, pushing for Westbrook hard, to only ask for a trade a year later when the obvious happened - they weren't a good fit - is garbage. However, all indications are that he has been giving management forewarning on the trade request for over a year.

Whereas DW just committed to the team.

Apples and oranges comparisons....

Garbage is a strong word in any case... i just used selfish.

DaDakota likes this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Another question....

When did you learn what simpin meant? You seem quite proud of yourself for knowing and appear to be REALLY abusing the term now. Of course that doesn't stop your incessant need to reference clinging to another man's nuts but I just assume that's something you must really enjoy doing since you talk about so much.

LMAO!!!!!!

#1198 TEXNIFICENT, Feb 2, 2021
    Nook and Sooty like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just an accurate word to describe those constantly verbally fellating star players who don't give a damn about them.

If Watson and Harden were selling their bathwater, it's obvious many here would be buying it up.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

There it is again!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1200 TEXNIFICENT, Feb 2, 2021