1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

This is a teachable moment. What you are failing to grasp is that fans want Watson to do WHAT WATSON VOLUNTARILY AGREED TO DO when he signed the $100M+ contact extension....which is to play football and put up wins -- and preferably more than 4 per year.

The fans entitlement argument is really weak. The fans are simply reacting to Watson dishonoring his contract and displaying very low character, all the while diminishing his value on the open market.

UTSA2step and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Wide did that arouse me?

BossHogg713 likes this.
  3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

What are the odds that the Texans find themselves in a position to get Lawrence or Fields only for those guys and their agents to tell the Texans not to draft them ala John Elway/Eli Manning?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what you are failing to grasp, is he's smart enough to avoid a dak situation. doesn't mean that forbids him from doing what he feels is best for him. anyone who can't get that is pretty much an idiot. what you fail to grasp is pretty everything else

The fan entitlement is weak to those that are feeling entitled. so of course that's what you would post

teaching moment? maybe for those are foolishly feeling entitled to check yourselves. to anyone else, not really

you can dislike it all you want. that's on you to do so. nobody gives af about that. but those that are putting out the logic of he should just shut up and play for a shitty organization and he owes fans something is flat out stupid

#804 YOLO, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"Entitlement" is the word of the day.

Nook likes this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agree.

Watson is free to want to leave the Texans and fans are free to dislike him for it, especially Texan fans.

At the end of the day he won't represent the city anymore and people are naive if they think there won't be any bitter feelings with some fans. It's not like he's Brady or Manning, or even Watt or Andre, he's barely been here long enough for that. That's fine some people will become fans of any team he goes to, I get it, it's easier being a player fan than a team fan but team fans, true ones, are ride or die.

So us ride or die fans we might not be happy that a player wants out of our franchise, we can understand it and STILL not like it.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

**** Deshaun then

Nook and fchowd0311 like this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

You can say this all you want to but this is bigger than just Deshaun Watson. Once Watson is gone Texans will have to overpay the best players in free agency just to get them to play for this incompetent organization. Texans won't ever be a franchise competing for the superbowl unless Jack Easterby and people like that are out of this organization. Watson just isn't representing Watson... he has the respect of not only his teammates but most of the players in this league. So stay mad at Watson who cares...

YOLO likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

they do owe me. I’m buying their product. Not sure why this is complicated??

fchowd0311 likes this.
  10. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Ok that’s ridiculous.

cmoak1982 and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. JayZ750

the confusing part is how you say the fans are entitled over and over.

it’s confusing... and dumb.

in the battle of who do I care about less or think is more entitled ... Deshaun Watson or the fans... the answer is clearly Deshaun Watson.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

no no bro... apparently that makes you entitled. /sarcasm

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

it isn't dumb. nor is it that complicated. we're talking about a select number of self entitled cf's posters, while you're talking about everyone as a whole. you're confusing yourself

you said they owe you. what did you buy from watson? a $60 jersey? in that case, you got your jersey. Aside from that he owes you jackshit and he can do what he wants. you're entitled to nothing outside of that

14. JayZ750

I didn’t buy anything from Watson. I bought the Texans product. Jersey. Game tickets. And most importantly I watched the ****ing games. That’s how they get paid.

and Watson signed a contract that it’s him for future years. I watched with the expectation of him not being a dick.

it’s 1,000% confusing that you think that fans that are upset or think Watson owes them because they’re fans are entitled. That’s not entitlement. That’s fandom. And being a customer of a product.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

so if you didn't buy anything from watson, why in the world would he owe you. he doesn't owe you shiit

ok you bought texans product, jersey etc. you got to watch/wear all of that. so what. he still doesn't owe you jackshit

he signed a contract being smart enough not to end up in a Dak situation. kudos to him. that's part of him taking care of himself and doing what's best for him. Doesn't mean he just sits there and not do what he does what he feels is best for him at any point in time going further.

it's only confusing for dumb fans that feel entitled. that's not fandom. That's that stupid false sense of entitlement. Those are the idiots

16. ktex

ktex Member

The organization is trash, but that doesn't mean they should double down on their ineptness and trade a talent that they're unlikely to replace for 10-15 years. I love Watson, but he is NOT blameless in this **** show. It was **** when he signed his contract, and it's **** now.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Are you playing some type of shtick?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

hey dummy, you still haven't gotten the message apparently

19. fchowd0311

I actually hope you are trolling at this point.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah i was serious when i said you're stupid