1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Great news. Good for Watson.

awc713, Nook and Sooty like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Anybody but the ****ing cowboys. I at least still want to enjoy the rest of his career. Would not surprise me in the least though if he was sent up 45. Would be the most cal thing ever.

BossHogg713 and Sooty like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Trade Watson.

I'm out.

2002-2020 is enough of this misery.

Hold onto to Watson and make him sit out a year vs. trading him. Get the top pick in the draft and then think about trading him next year if he really holds out.

gatsby, awc713 and everyday eddie like this.
  4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I said 10 yrs ago and nothing has changed - until the McNair's sell the team nothing will change. They are the perfect encapsulation of an ultra-conservative patriarchy where the only thing that matters is "culture" and nepotism. Rooting against them the last 5+ years has been much more enjoyable.

Richie_Rich, IBTL, vinsensual and 5 others like this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Now I'm waiting for Stephen Jackson to record a video that Deshaun should give the new black coach a chance.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

today should be a day of driving down Kirby and throwing out your texans gear on NRG's front door.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Watson did that, the blame is 100% on him, just like the blame is 100% on Harden for trying to do the same to the Rockets.

Houston learned a hard lesson in the last year, the character of star players matters. If you end up with highly talented stars who are garbage as people, your team gets destroyed.

Hopefully they'll avoid trash like Harden and Watson in the future the next time highly talented stars are available.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

What’s next Hakeem coming out saying he never played for the rockets? This is a nightmare

9. Nook

Nook Member

This is the least surprising development in the league.

At least Watson waited until after the Texans hired their head coach.

No one of any real quality wants to coach this team.

The Texans have been a mediocre franchise...... since Cal has taken over it has been a disaster....... fired a real GM, extended BOB..... gave BOB full control..... fired BOB and gave football organizational control to a chaplain......... finished with the 4th worst record in the league and didn't have their #1 pick after over paying a LT........ then their 25 year old stud QB will be traded.

There is no way the Texans have Watson stay. They will trade him, Easterby will think it is a good idea.

Richie_Rich, J.R., Deuce and 6 others like this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

I know you didn't mean for it to be a joke, but I'm gonna make it one.

Lisa Ann and Teanna Trump sure do know a thing about head and being a wide receiver...;)

WiltTheStilt13 and BossHogg713 like this.
  11. Xopher

Xopher Member

Watson is one of the least vocal QBs in the league. He is calling out the team. I'm pretty sure had Cal fired Easterbay then Watson wouldn't be doing this. If Watson wants to leave who in the hell will ever want to come here?

Sooty likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

If he goes to the jets, Fuller and Robinson go with him. They draft the clemson RB and their o line is on par with the Texans. Offense will be strong and they'll still have enough money and picks to upgrade their defense. Meanwhile the Texans will get at least 4 number ones and it's all for not because who would want to stay here once their contracts are up. If you can't get along Watson ...

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Id rather just take a dump on their front door. Whats the difference?

14. Nook

Nook Member

Nah.

He will be traded if he is serious about leaving (which I believe he is).

Watson is clearly listening to his agent who has been very careful on all of this.

The Texans will not get fair value for Watson, because Easterby isn't going to draft well.

awc713, Fulgore, YOLO and 2 others like this.
  15. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Yes Watson is 100% to blame. This team is f***Ed with or without him.

And stacey, this **** was just what broke the camels back.

crap decision after crap decision internally to totally mess with the team.
    I hope JJ leaves and wins a SB too.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

WTF? His career has been dam near ruined just being here. How much worse can it get?

dookiester likes this.
  17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There's no doubt

All these Patriot f**kboi's think they're QB whisperers. Brady's made so many careers he should be canonized.

Richie_Rich, Andre0087 and Nook like this.
  18. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Might have to switch the positions! lol

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Solely for the purpose of my ticket resell value, I hope the rest of the NFL owners encourage Cal to not open up pandoras box by bowing down to a player. But if Watson can break the mold and flex his muscle I won't be mad. Especially since the ownership/management is truly incompetent.

joshuaao and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

65,000+ of tickets sold for each game are season tickets and the majority of those are tied to PSL's. For years PSL holders could get way over cost when selling their PSL's, now that market is going to crap. How many PSL holders are going to simply give up their tickets without selling their PSL's? The Texans have their loyal fans by the balls.