1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

"crime of violence"

criminal charges would be the imperative term here

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I’d like to see if there’s any change in his list of “acceptable destinations” after a year of doing nothing but sitting on his oily ass.

3. STR8Thugg

Allegedly. It's a good thing you're not a judge, or a juror.

He definitely got caught up in some off the field bs that he shouldn't have.

If he isn't charged with a criminal offense I don't know what we are doing here.

Bottom line, regardless of what he did, he's still really, really good at football and therefore (eventually) will command a huge return in a trade, assuming we don't **** that up, so I'm in no rush to give in to what he wants and trade him now.

It's literally not that ****ing difficult. I. DON'T. GIVE. A. ****. if the Texans perceive it as a distraction or bad PR. You know what is both of those things??? Throwing away a franchise QB for less than maximum value bc you didn't have the intestinal fortitude to wait until the offseason.

4. STR8Thugg

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you in that if we can trade let's do it but it has to be for at least 5 first round picks. If we can't get that we need to play him. No team will trade a ransom for him now and we can't just keep selling low on all our players.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Technically they can, but if they were going to they would have done it before Training Camp.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I keep thinking DW can play right now and with no depositions for him until Feb 22 it seems this season seems plausible unless something materializes in either the HPD or NFL investigations. So if I'm the Dolphins GM and I think Watson could lead us to a Super Bowl would I make the trade w/o any protections?

It's a gamble, but with MIA defense and potential explosive receivers, that offense could be pretty exciting. The owner Ross is 81 and may see this as his best chance to get the Dolphins into a competitive situation in the AFC. I can see the GM and Owner convincing themselves that they should do this, it will come down to whether they think the risk is worth the potential reward or if they can get Nick to relent and give them some protections.

raining threes and Hank McDowell like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, calm down. I’ve said the same thing you are saying. I won’t trade him unless it’s worth it. But….. would not play him either. He can rot

raining threes likes this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

11. STR8Thugg

You can preach that all day long but at the end of the day we are talking about a civil lawsuit.

If it turns criminal, then it still doesn't change my stance on anything. You don't throw away a gold statue just because it fell over and broke your foot.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

Wouldn't play him...

If he was bought in and wanted to play, you'd be a fool not to play him.

But that's more reasonable than idiots talking about dumping him for nothing, which is where I thought you stood.

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s a turd, and he’s not good enough to get away with what he did.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, not even a little bit lol. I’d want to rob a team blind

15. STR8Thugg

I feel like your stance would be much different if he didn't demand a trade, which fine, that's human nature, but it outlines some of the hypocrisy going around

Fulgore, mario_v and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. STR8Thugg

Unfortunately even if we get 4 firsts it likely the Texans that will be robbed blind, yet again, yet. again.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

SMH -- the circular reasoning continues.

[​IMG]

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

-No trade imminent
    -Hypothetically, could change today if Houston gets an offer it can’t refuse
    -More likely we’re talking about Watson’s football future for weeks & months to come
    -Texans want 3 first round picks and more
    -Have received some strong offers but have not budged
    -Message other teams have gotten is if Texans don’t get what they want, they’re willing to wait until after the season
    -Do Texans play with 52 players indefinitely, pay Watson over $10M to stay home or just attend meetings as he has been or after everything that has happened, do they say “Deshaun, you need to play for us and if you don’t, we’ll fine you, suspend you, void your guarantees and go after your money.”
    -Eventually Watson could face suspension but based on pace of how things are going, that’s more likely in 2022
    -Watson has NTC. Open secret within the league his preferred destination is Miami. If he wants to scuttle a trade any place else, he can do that.
    -League did not put him on CEI prior to TC. Certain criteria needs to be met. No expectation that changes today. Watson will remain eligible to play for now.

ROCKSS, Shark44 and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. mightybosstone

My stance prior to the allegations was that they should do everything in their power to keep him because he was a star QB with a good reputation and they should bend over backwards for the guy.

I think most people felt that way. The allegations are what's changed our minds. If he had never requested a trade, I still would not want him on this football team. If he was on the field playing in games right now, I would not be watching those games or supporting this franchise. I'm not alone in that line of thinking.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When I first heard about the initial allegation, I didn't immediately believe it, so I wanted them to try and make Watson stop being a little b****....but after it became clear that there were dozens of credible allegations of sexual assault, sexual battery, and sexual harassment, that changed things.

I don't want him playing until he pays for what he did to those women. Not for the Texans, not for anyone.

Now if a team that supports sexual assault comes with an amazing offer that can't be refused, fine, trade the rapist and let him benefit from his abuse I guess. Short of that, let the POS rot.