1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Fantasma Negro

This dude is such a little b****. Wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that he's been greasing Deshaun's butt hole

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

this seems to be the overall problem for deshaun

3. Fantasma Negro

Dumbest ****ing thing ever and probably completely made up. If a team is willing to trade for Watson they expect him to play and play at a high level. The cases should have no bearing on the price of the player, the price is the price take it or leave it. I'm pretty sure Rusty is working hard to pay all the women off to drop the cases so that assurances will be made about Watson's availability prior to agreeing on a deal.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

So the media narrative will probably be something about the Texans are "asking too much", and should just take whatever they can... or take nothing at all... to ensure a trade happens.

After all, who would give up a lot for somebody with this much baggage and this much owed money?

It would be funnier if it wasn't all but true...

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Usually on stuff like this it ends up somewhere in the middle.

So a serviceable player the texans will hype ( like they did with David Johnson) and probably a high first round top ten...and then like 2 early second round picks I think will get it done.basically 3 picks and a player.

Not sure who is serviceable at what spot that it can be noted besides qb. So i wonder how good caserio thinks tua is

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Who cares what the Texans receive for him. What we know is that

1. He will get suspended
    2. He will come back, and play really well, leading his new team to the Playoffs/Super Bowl
    3. His new fans will "love" him and his rehabilitation PR campaign will go really well, America loves a redemption story
    4. He will end up in the hall of fame, without a Texans jersey on
    5. The Texans will stay in the dumpster thanks to Cal McNair and Jack Easterby, despite Caseiro's best efforts.

Texans will be an irrelevant franchise. The new Cleveland Browns

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. msn

msn Member

I didn't find them very watchable last year.

HTXSportsAddict, cmoak1982 and Blatz like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

MG: Watson does not want a NDA as part of the settlements. Watson wants to tell his story because in his mind he says “I’ve done nothing wrong. These allegations brought about me in a public forum, now all the sudden they want their privacy. No, I don’t agree with it. I want to tell my story.” That is a huge stumbling block on whether these cases will be settled.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

And probably be another 30 years before they get a qb close to DW4’s caliber.

leebigez likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Ahhhh the truth, the rest of the media is continuing to **** on the Texans while ignoring the ****ing elephant in the room in an effort to create a market when there is no market. At this point Watson should tell his management team to shut the **** up, stop feeding bullshit to the media and let things play out

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Oh crap this might backfire on Watson

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article253029343.html

The Houston Texans are now willing to listen to trade offers for disgruntled quarterback Deshaun Watson and the Dolphins have not eliminated themselves from the running, according to a source with direct knowledge.

While the Dolphins remain interested to see how Tua Tagovailoa develops, they also continue to do due diligence to see if landing the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback is realistic, the source said.

In other words, Tagovailoa’s improvement this offseason — and Watson’s ongoing legal issues — did not cause the Dolphins to decide that they definitely won’t pursue Watson. But whether they will make a highly aggressive bid remains to be seen.

A second league source who spoke with the Dolphins earlier this offseason said they privately conveyed an interest in Watson during the spring.

NFL Network reported Monday that the Texans are listening to offers for Watson, who has requested a trade, but that Houston wants at least three first-round picks and more. ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, quoting two league sources, said the Texans want some combination of five high draft picks and starting caliber players.

Philadelphia might be in the best position to land Watson, thanks in part to the Dolphins, who sent their own first-round pick in 2022 to Philadelphia as part of the trade to move up from 12th to sixth in this year’s draft.

The Eagles have at least two first-round picks in next April’s draft and the strong possibility of having a third. The 2022 second-round pick that the Colts gave Philadelphia in the Carson Wentz trade can become a first-round pick if Wentz plays 75 percent of the snaps this season or if he plays 70 percent of the snaps and the Colts make the playoffs.

“The Dolphins traded the pick they needed to possibly get one of these QBs [such as Watson] if Tua isn’t the guy,” former Eagles president Joe Banner recently said on Twitter. “All to get the WR they prefer [Jaylen Waddle]. Great move by Eagles, big mistake by Dolphins. All in on Tua with no back up path.”

If the Dolphins decide to make an aggressive bid, they could offer San Francisco’s first-round pick in 2022 (which is the only first-round pick owned by the Dolphins in next year’s draft) and their own first-round pick in 2023 and the 49ers’ first-round pick in 2023, which is also owned by the Dolphins.

Watson reported to Texans’ training camp Sunday, reportedly to avoid a $50,000 daily fine. He faces 22 lawsuits from massage therapists that allege sexual assault and inappropriate behavior but has not been charged criminally.

The NFL is conducting an investigation but hasn’t said if he will suspended or if he will be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list.

Watson is due to make $10.5 million this season and is signed through 2025. He’s due $129 million over the next five seasons.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Huh? That’s a little exaggerated. He’s had one elite year and the team had 4 wins.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

There’s nothing in Texans franchise history that’s close to him at the qb position. So you’re confident they will find a franchise qb that quickly? Hell it took them 15yrs to finally get a qb.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That is accurate. I can’t argue that

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wish we could get Justin Herbert. I know there’s no chance but that guy is a future super star.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There’s quite a few I would be cool with. Just don’t think it’ll happen

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Herbert would reuniting with Pep.
    That would be awesome, but no real reason for LA to do it.
    Right now, hope Pep can do what he did with Herbert with Mills. Highly doubtful, but one can dream.
    Would be real nice if Watson wasn’t a pervert and still wanted to be here, to see what Pep could squeeze out of him

20. HardenVolumeOne

Im not gonna lie I dont think the Texans front office ever wanted deshaun or thought he would be this good. They had to pay him his contract because of his production. But I feel like their are quite a few nfl franchises that don’t like the idea of having a black qb(with tats) being the face of theirorganization

the Broncos and Colts are other franchises that I know have been hesitant to take on a black qb over the years. The Texans would rather have a Mediocre caucasian qb than a talented African American qb.