1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah let's be real with the timeline. He went on vacation in the middle of the GM search and Cal claims that he attempted to reach Watson about the GM hire and couldn't. The whole "Cal broke his word on keeping Watson in the loop" story is weak.

JayZ750, Bobbythegreat and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This right here. I'm a fan. That means I have selfish desires as a fan. What good does it do for me as a fan that Watson leaves?

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Should’ve just hired whatever coach Deshaun wanted period. How can you **** this up this bad? **** cal that sleepy headed fat ****.

4. fchowd0311

I'm sure that Schefter guy spammed that narrative

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc he deserves better. when you see a franchise guy like that in a situation that puts him in a better situation to succeed, that's what you cheer for.

The alternative being cheering for a shitty organization like the texans? Pass, why anyone chooses to support that. shrugs

Sooty likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You guys can simp for Watson all you want, but he's proving he doesn't care about you at all as he's actively harming the franchise......and my simp friends, you guys are proving that you don't care about the franchise at all, so when the franchise lands another star player to build around, I don't want to see any of you simps coming back around looking for nuts to hug.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It really is. The specific training is releasing a lot of hidden talent.
    In my field, we do a lot of testing, but it’s just a tool to alter training accordingly.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. justtxyank

He requested the trade "weeks ago" and made it clear through leaks to multiple media people that the HC would have no impact on his desire to leave.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It took 20 years for this team to get a true top 5 elite franchise QB. A guy who has been nothing but a squeaky clean solid citizen and somehow this dumpster fire brain dead organization manages to screw it up enough that he demands a trade.

Think about this. In less than a year in total this team has or will trade the best 3 players in franchise history. Hopkins, Watson, and you know Watt will be next very soon. We are witnessing one of the ugliest team teardowns in NFL history.

I don’t even have words to describe it.

Unbelievable

gatsby, Nook, Juxtaposed Jolt and 4 others like this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

You can choose not to pick a side but it's not very fun. Seems kinda pointless and boring.

11. fchowd0311

Deserves? Dude lives the most lavish lifestyle that is possible on this planet. That's his compensation. That's what he deserves and it's a lot.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The one and only thing the Texans have in their favor is Watson can be docked his game check for every game he sits out in the regular season, and he has to play by week 11 to accrue a year of service time on his contract.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

all you do is whine in jealousy bc I guess you're broke. you think your problems are his. they're not.

Sooty likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

thats fair, but you came across a petty, immature dude yourself if thats what you hate about Deshaun and his handling of this situation. Im not calling you out in conflict, just stating that emotions are going crazy - some of us may say some things we regret later and I agree Deshaun could have done this better, but if you dont respect the people you work for what do you do? Most of us would quit right? But some of you guys want him to complete his indentured servitude and ruin his chance to dictate his happiness.

Seems pretty obvious that $$$ is not the primary goal in D4s life - it will be interesting to see how far he's willing to go if the team plays hardball, but it will eventually end in his trade - no matter how ugly or clean it gets done - its over.

15. fchowd0311

It's not just money in that sense. It also means that other teams might be hesitant to aquire someone who sits out that long and he's hurting his legacy stats as he's missing precious time during his prime years to build his legacy.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's the problem with the narrative, reality doesn't match up with it. Watson was dead set on taking the franchise down, there was no pacifying him. He saw what Harden did and wanted to do it himself.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. justtxyank

Yeah the alternative is cheering for a mediocre franchise. Yep. That's part of sports fandom is the team you are a fan of can disappoint you.

I get it. Being a player only fan is easier. You can just root for someone who is good and wins until they aren't good and don't win and then pick another one.

JayGoogle and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Lol even Watt apologized for wasting a year of Watson’s prime.

pity the fans can’t see it.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

300 lb dudes running sub 5 40s is scary if you are on the receiving end of that collision. No doubt leading to more concussions along the way.

KingCheetah and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

no thanks. I'll never choose to support shitty decisions