1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just to be clear...I didn't say who was better or who is best...I just said my favorites. To put that in perspective, my favorite football player of all time is Cris Dishman.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That dude just dripped swag and had the prototypical CB mindset. EG too, for that matter, and had the Electric Slide celebration to back it up as well.

MadMax and 3Rings like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

this is confusing a bit at least. Without inside info the only conclusion at this point is the Texans dont want him.

You would think he has very little leverage ROI now to force a trade. “Trade me or I sit!” .... “ok sit the f down then cause we can’t get any value for you because of your insistence of paying women to stick their fingers up our butt!”

absent this becoming criminal AND he being found guilty he’s not getting suspended from the NFL forever. Hat seems unlikely.

so the scenarios are:
    1 - the Texans dont want him and trade him for crap value.
    2 - he eventually plays again for the Texans, everyone remembers he’s really good and what he likes up his butt doesn’t matter, and he either stays or they get legit value for him.

I guess it could be like the Texans to trade him for crap value right now... but they could have dont that by trading him to the against basically to just take Justin Fields.

So.... I’m confused.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Can you imagine Watson settling out of court then coming and sitting the season out? I was on his side at the start because I hate our FO. But after he tanked his own value, I believe he has lost he right to just leave. We literally couldn’t trade him because of this. He will lose me and and a bunch of ppl in this city and the NFL of he tries that. I hope we can trade him for an actual good return sometime next this season.

JoeBarelyCares and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it’s a shitshow all around man.
    There’s still a high likelihood he’s suspended.

raining threes and houstonstime like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

You ever ask him why he couldn't cover Don Beebe that day. Or Andre Reed. Or my grandmother.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  9. mightybosstone

I don't want him to play another snap in a jersey for a team that represents this city ever again, so whether he's suspended or sitting out, I couldn't care less.

That being said, I recognize that trading him now would have been at his lowest point and would have caused a big hit to the cap. If they wait until June or later, the dead cap will be dramatically less and his value will increase if ultimately the lawsuits get settled.

But I would like to think he's worn out his welcome in Houston at this point. And if the NFL throws the hammer down and suspends him indefinitely or criminal charges get filed and the Texans end up just cutting him lose or trading him for a ham sandwich, I can live with that. But I don't want him to have anything to do with this franchise or city anymore.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol I still see it playing out that he leaves here and wins a super bowl in some other city. He gets praised and worshipped there while Houston was just a learning experience for him. Watson's situation as bad as it is doesn't take away the fact that this franchise has been incompetent from a management and coaching perspective for so many previous years that so much work just has to be done to turn it around. I'm just sick of all these bs smokescreens being thrown in front of that reality. If they trade him cool if they don't whatever... do what you have to do to win so we aren't one of 4 cities to have never reached the super bowl anymore.

JonRetro likes this.
  11. MadMax

He asked to. He told Jim Eddy, put me on Reed..stop with the prevent crap. Eddy said, no.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

The lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson were in the works before his requests to be traded from the Texans in January.

Sports Illustrated obtained text messages that revealed Ashley Solis, who filed the first lawsuit against the quarterback, was in touch with Tony Buzbee's law firm in late December 2020.

The messages, which were between Solis's colleague and Susan, a veteran massage therapist SI spoke with, indicate that contact was made with the law firm before Week 16 of the NFL season, which debunks theories that the lawsuits were in response to his trade demand.

NFL media was working overtime.

“He wants out! He wasn’t involved! Doesn’t/Lost trust in Cal!”

Nah, dude was (at minimum) being a perv.

#2313 J.R., May 21, 2021
    Last edited: May 21, 2021
    Rudyc281, B-Bob and whag00 like this.
  14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol...meanwhile ESPN was telling us that ownership lying to Watson and Caserio being hired over Omar Khan was the reason Watson wanted out.

what a bunch of jokers

15. today

today Contributing Member

I loved Dishman too... will never forget when he caught jerry rice on the sideline and ripped the ball from him.

MadMax and Rudyc281 like this.
  16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Honestly isn’t this worse? Like if he asked out and we knew about this then it’s even more dumb that we didn’t trade him!

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Unless I missed something, don’t see how one is related to the other. Sounds like dude was a creep and wanted out because of Cal and the front office.

mario_v and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook likes this.
  19. MadMax

Great, bud. If you weren't being sued by 22 women alleging sexual assault, it would be a lot easier to move you.

20. SuraGotMadHops

Seriously at this point, f*** DeShaun. He can sit on his ass all season, but Caserio better not trade him/cut him for nothing.

Phillyrocket and cmoak1982 like this.