1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ScheftBomb! Watson formally requests trade

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Same guy who said no way Dak was getting a new deal a day before Dak signed.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He's a token coach and that sucks.

raining threes likes this.
  3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This guy is famous for running out of bounds in the end zone. From what little I’ve seen, his analysis is on a similar level.

4. raining threes

Becoming a multi millionaire at 65 doesn't suck.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I like Culley. He knows what’s up. He knows full well that he wasn’t the most qualified guy for the job, but it’s not his fault that they gave it to him anyway. He will make a little money leading the lambs to the slaughter and will ride off off into the sunset, after they inevitably fire him, right about the time he was going to retire anyway. All they are doing right now is buying time. It’s going to be a LONG next few years.

mikol13 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

In this case he seems spot on.

#2126 Chilly_Pete, Mar 12, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  7. steveng125

steveng125 Member

it’s going to be hard to get thru the season. I can’t even stand to look at the guy lol I’ve never liked him.

8. conquistador#11

Which after seeing the Browns, Chiefs and Lions all burn with the 'patriots way culture' , why the hell does 'Kyle' think it's going to be different here.
    Children of owners should not inherit the team until they're vetted like no other.

mario_v and Hank McDowell like this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The other day I was randomly trying to think of who the Texans coach was and I couldn't think of the guy's name. Until the next day it randomly popped into my head. That's how checked out I am.

I recommend everyone else do the same.

I'm sure I will watch the games, but I won't care. I'm debating on cancelling Sunday ticket, but I like watching other games as well.

10. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Bob tried to train Cal on how to run a team but Cal insisted on playing video games on the floor of his unfurnished office

conquistador#11 likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

FML! Lance, One of my favorites in the draft: Christian, Can make every throw on the run, not only played with keke in the parking lot but also played with kids named Tanner and Cody because of his mother is now training with that Watson guy! (If I'm Watson I'd even train with Mac Jones just for troll factor)

saw this from TexansThoughts.

12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Today makes Watson look even sillier. He is quitting on a team with a GM that actually has a plan...because they didn't consult with him before hiring that same GM.

Also this is why you don't let players have a say in front office moves.

El_Conquistador likes this.
  13. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

In my mind, there just has to be more to it. Out of ANY of the available GM candidates, there isn’t a single person who was more qualified for the job than Nick Caserio. The resume speaks for itself. I truly believe if they would have forced Easterby to resign, we wouldn’t have heard a peep from Deshaun. Either that or Cal has lied about multiple things to Deshaun. It’s hard to not be somewhat intrigued by the moves Caserio has made thus far.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There’s far more to it... and there’s no reason not to believe that. The owner is an ass-clown racist too... that doesn’t help. The fact that he entrusts a preacher to finalize all major decisions should be a red flag for any high priced player.

That being said, Watson signed his extension knowing all of this. Contracts have consequences... even if he may eventually get his wish.

JayGoogle, Nimo and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You know, I sort of realized in some sense that there were people dumb enough to believe this, but it's still shocking to me every time someone embarrasses themselves by admitting to legitimately believing it.

I mean, I get it, you heard other stupid or malicious people suggest it and just ran with it because you are butt hurt about the state of the team, but c'mon, you need to be better than that.

So, in your mind, the man who picked Rick Smith to be the godfather to his children is a racist? This is Q level conspiracy theorist BS.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL. Two old RBs, injured center, old backup tackle (position of strength on the team) and DE that had 5 sacks last year. I'm not hating, he has made for nice moves but let's not act like he has built a contender now.

dmoneybangbang and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bingo. Watson is waaaaay out of his lane trying to call the shots on personnel or front office moves. Great QB, but unqualified in every way to make decisions elsewhere in the organization.

whag00 likes this.
  18. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Or more optimistically 2 rbs that average over 4 yards a carry, a center that will probably give the Texans the same production as their previous center for half the price, a new DE whose pressure rate would have been the best on the Texans last season and a veteran OT who can play inside or allow the coaches to move Howard inside.

Regardless Watson should have let it play out rather than quit on the organization.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Again, you seem to be liv ing in a different reality than the rest of us.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Sure. You can be optimistic. But Mark became a 3rd string back last year with less than 300 yards all season. Deshaun has never played with Britt, who knows how well they will play together. Sure Shaq should be great but he is no JJ Watt and that is what they lost. I would love Watson to stay but I'm not going to lie and say this organization is his best chance to win. Reminds me of people on here saying that Harden had a better chance of winning if he stayed in Houston.

dmoneybangbang likes this.