1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub the ELITE

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

In his last 8 starts, here are Matt Schaub’s numbers:

Record: 8-0
    AVG MARGIN OF VICTORY: 20
    ATT: 215
    CMP: 142
    %: 66
    YDS: 1,835
    TD: 12
    INT: 2
    YPA: 8.5
    QBR: 107.4

I’ve been saying it for four weeks now – over this stretch, no QB in the NFL is playing better. And as such, his injury last year is quite possibly the most devastating in Houston sports history.

“Yeah, but…” line forms to the left, near that ditch…

1 person likes this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Pretty impressive.

Someone will bring up the opponents that were played though to downplay the numbers.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

ubigred's nuts are on the dresser.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Even my wife has noticed a different in Schaub's play. During the game yesterday she said: "He doesn't look scared like he did before."

There's no more happy feet in the pocket. I think he's taken the next step. I hate the 'elite' label and could care less about it. Before I would have argued that Schaub was damn good but not elite, but now... Whatever.

I couldn't be more happy with the Texan's @ the QB position. Feels Good.

1 person likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Schaub got down in the ditch with Bob McNair and helped get that ox free

2 people like this.
  6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

man, what could have been in 2010 also if not for a historic epic fail of a defense. what could have been last year. :( I have no doubt we would have at least played NE in the championship game with Schaub. NFL is a team game and when you have competence on both sides of the ball, it can be a thing of beauty. I mentioned in the NFL week 4 thread, even the elite Drew Brees can't overcome a defense ranked last and can't create turnovers for the offense.

7. conquistador#11

he is a heck of a player, disliked by many for whatever reason. however, to be elite , like 8 said in the interview...you have to be the last one standing in February. Now that he has a defense, he has a chance to prove it. Can you imagine 2009,2010 with this defense that challenges the opposition?

It's funny that people now think he is playing differently. It's the same schaub..smart, accurate and deadly. You don't put up numbers like that by accident.

8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Maybe it is just me, but it seems like Matt is throwing it away a lot less compared to the beginning of last season.

But that may have to do more with our receivers than himself.

9. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I'm pretty sure Yao's injury in 2008, a championship season if he stays healthy, and even the 2009 playoffs was more devastating. And that's just off the top of my head.

10. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

That makes sense considering Dan Marino never made a Super Bowl or even played in one after his rookie year.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dan Marino wasn't elite. Until his last two years, John Elway was just another guy. Dan Fouts? Jim Kelly? Not elite.

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

Wasn't it DD that said Colt Mccoy was better than Schaub?

13. hairyme

hairyme Member

[​IMG]
    (Thank you for reminding me of that gem.)

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i still think schaub needs to perform like this against the ravens, packers, and bears and put up some W's to solidify this notion that he is elite..

that 8-0 stretch

titans, browns, jags, bucs, dolphins, jags, broncos, titans..:eek:

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

He needs to average close to 300 yards, not close to 200 yards... to get more RESPECT... but, who cares about that if we're winning, right? :eek: I'll say.

16. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Impressive but elite is used too much and Schaub hasn't had enough of a history of winning that you can call him such. Not to mention the lack of playoff wins (or even games) really does hurt his standing.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Schaub has shown that he doesn't have to take over a game, but he damn well has the ability to do. He's doing what's needed to win and that's all that matters in my book.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Respect from whom? Morons? Anyone who evaluates QBs by yardage is suspect and their endorsement meaningless.

The big ones: 8-0; 8.5 YPA; 2 INTs; 107.4 QBR. Those are elite numbers. 25+ teams in the NFL would trade their QB to get a QB who is that efficient.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's grown into a great QB in my opinion. The injury made him tougher, stronger and frankly, nastier too. He plays with a chip on his shoulder and I love it.

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea, he is the MVP. Kolb too. Rofl.