1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Schaub ranked #9 on Jaw's top 32 NFL QBs...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Jul 14, 2013.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

When it got to the top 10 and he hasn't been mentioned, I was thinking he forgot about Schaub.

Maybe at the end he'd be at number 2 and Rogers would be the only player left and he goes what the hell, why am I only at number 2?

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

And wow rivers has fallen.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

thats because everyone of those guys is younger than Schaub. Everyone would take them over Schaub.

5. conquistador#11

like i stated to our official forum bookman, jaws had him 7# before the 4 game collapse to close the season. He can go from 7-15 th as he is a streaky qb, (insert charmin joke).

he does, whether people like to admit or not , contribute to us winning. In any era, 4000 yds and 20+tds when you're punching in 19tds from the running game is damn good. numbers are nice but we're past that point.
    If we can't win a superbowl, it's time to start searching for the next qb. via draft.

and of course I would take the ones you listed as they're just babies and we wouldn't have to worry about qbs for another 10 years.

6. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Jaws is a joke, he had Andrew Luck as a top 10 qb when his stats show that he is a bottom 5 qb in the NFL, yes i understand he has GREAT intangibles, but so do Wilson and Griffin( but they have better stats along with the intangibles)

im sorry but you cant be a top 10 qb when you are completing less than 55% of your passes, and leading the NFL in turnovers

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

He ain't better than kaep

8. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I would happily downgrade to Wilson or Kaepernick.

1 person likes this.
  9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Someone said something less than incredibly enthusiastic about the Indianapolis Colts! *gasp* The entire internet recoils in horror.

(For the record, I completely agree with you.)

10. Fantasma Negro

Jaws with so good pub but the more ppl give Schaub credit the more I realize that these so called analyst don't watch our games. I know its hard to watch every game on Sunday/Monday but they can at least watch a quarter here and there, its their job. Jaws list proves that he only relies on highlights and stats

11. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I also think it's easier for Texans fans to dislike Schaub more than one should objectively. His passer rating was 9th last year among QBs. He was 11th in passing yards, 6th in completion percentage, 15th in TDs (admittedly low, due to the focus on rushing in the red zone by the team), 12th in yards per game. I don't think he necessarily deserves the #9 ranking, but Jaws is not far off. The real question for Texans fans is--can the 9-12th best QB in the league win a Super Bowl? I think the answer is potentially.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nope, he actually watches every game, probably from multiple angles. He's a machine.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I didn't realize your criticism was relying on stats--whoops. Still, I think we've got a good QB with a flimsy arm.

14. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Pretty sure you just quoted AJ Hoffman from The Blitz word for word.

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

jaws kept saying that he's basing these rankings off of their body of work rather than individual talent. considering that his ranking are pretty good. i'm sure if he ranked it off individual talent then schaub would be much worse off

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I would probably take everyone from 10-19 instead of schaub

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

and of course every qb from 1-8 lol

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I can't believe he put Luck ahead of RGIII when RGIII had only 5 ints to Luck's 20 lol

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

They rely on Luck to win them games, more than any QB in the league. Yeah, I imagine when you don't have a great OL, running game, or weapons, your stats may not be the best. They went from 2-14 to 11-5, Luck being the main reason.

20. Fantasma Negro

I guess that makes sense then, so its more about team accomplishments. So to say Schaub is the 9th most accomplished qb makes sense