1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scatter shooting while wondering….

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jan 24, 2009.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Man, you would whine about Battier at the drop of a hat.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He's not a scrub because he's in the nba, but the pass and credit he gets on this board is crazy. I mean we've had players who were really good role players. Amigo,Thorpe,Horry,Bobby Joe, and guys like that, but none of those guys are credited with so much for doing so little as Battier. I've brought up Posey being the same guy if not better, but posters always want to bring up why he's not. No matter what, people will always give him too much credit eventhough the rox were winning this season without him.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually we struggled without him. See how Artest plays better with Battier healthy?

But this thread is not about Battier. Reid was compared to Battier because they were both great guys who would do anything that was asked of them and never tried to take any credit. Battier may or may not be getting too much credit. It's a matter of opinion. But he sure never claims any credit himself. Robert Reid is the same kind of guy. That's why I love both of them.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

One of the classiest, non-threatening respectful posts I've read in a while, and some people still have to come in and apply "ownage" to the "unreasonable".

Lasting memory me and friends have of Robert Reid is more him in our eyes typifying the 80's guy with sharp but cheesy fashions. The business casual guy that wears short pink dress shorts & dress shoes with no socks :) Love the guy though

And sure enough searching while typing this, who's wearing pink and the shortest shorts in the middle?
    :eek:
    [​IMG]

There's also a brief nba.com Where Are They Now article from years ago of Robert Reid and a few other ex-Rockets
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/history/Where_Are_They_Now-49082-34.html

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great video and thanks! A lot of people who remember Ralph Sampson and The Shot that killed the defending champion Showtime Lakers in the '86 WC Finals have forgotten what set it up... Bobby Joe Reid's clutch trey for the tie. Reid was, as others said already, a complete player, with class and the ability to rise to any challenge. He's part of the history that makes this such a great franchise.

By the way, if you look at the 3:35 mark of LFE171's video, you'll see CD sitting next to coach Harris. A much younger CD! :)

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

IIRC Magic was guarded by Reid, Wiggins, and Lloyd. Those Rockets had a lot of guys 6'5" - 6'8" that they could throw at him. They also had McCray. And of course the towers down low to protect the lane. Don't act like it was all one guy.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Robert Reid is on 1560 right now for those interested ... I'm about to go on in about 10 minutes -- not sure if he'll still be on or not.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I thought that might be who it was! ;) I just asked this in the other thread. Thanks Clutch

9. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I always wondered how his shots went in. It look like he launched from behind his head and had a huge arc in his shot.