1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Scary Thought] There is a possibility some us BBS members won't make it through this

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Mar 16, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Finance boy.

How many die if 10% of the world's population becomes infected with a virus that has a 2% mortality rate?

How many die if 10% of the world's population becomes infected with a virus that has a .002% mortality rate?

Show me you have basic math skills and haven't been ****ing peoples finances up your whole life.

Jayzers_100 and Yung-T like this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

Do you know math? None of what you posted makes a lick of sense.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Your not capable of doing the math on that right now are you? At this point, I just feel bad. Enjoy your night broski, no more drinks.

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Took me a bit to wrap my head in your questions, but I'll answer.

First off, The Black Plague? Research it. We basically lost half of our population.

Second, We are at less than 2% Mortality rate now, and those numbers have been going WAY down.

Third, my entire career is based on helping people out financially. I am an *******, but I know that I want to treat people well. It is my job, and I've been doing it 24 years.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Let's assume the numbers go down to .002%

How many die if 10% of the population gets infected with a virus that has a .002% mortality rate? Over 1.5 million people. You can not give a **** all you want, a lot of people are going to die from this and you shouldn't be responding to people who are high risk about how much you don't give a ****.

Regardless, you're clearly toasted. Here's 12 minutes of my grandfather's favorite comedian, no more drinky drinks.

Yung-T likes this.
  6. Roscoe Arbuckle

It's ok, sweetpea. Call me whatever. I make money and work roughly 20 hours. That's this interesting thing about being smart, you can figure out how to use it to your advantage.

Life can be used in your favor. Don't hate people that figured it out better than you did.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

After reading this latest fattypalooza I can only surmise that fatty survived the black plague and isn't concerned about a silly virus with a 2% mortality rate so his weekend get together will go on as scheduled with a 20% discount on catering from his high school buddy. o_O

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

here is a bag of 100 skittles

2 of them will kill you

Would you like to eat one?

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need to protect Deckard and Glynch. Without Glynch who will insult me as a "contented moderate" and carry on the glorious Worker's Revolution? Without Deckard how will we hear long rambling stories about what it was like to be a Hippie in Houston in the late 60's and how to court women with an owl?

These are Clutchfans treasures and our institutional memory..

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Valar Morgulis..

Deckard and Nook like this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Man . .. sounds like you guys have a
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

Nook likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kids like to go against the grain and wear it like a badge of honor for attention.

Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. likestohypeguy

Yeah ofc it's mostly the young with a sense of yolo invincibility, I'll do what I want regardless of the mostly indirect domino consequences. Very surprising to hear that attitude from an older adult, much less one who smokes/drinks/poor diet and less than optimal general health?!

Yikes death wish.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

What he puts his body through his immunity is through the roof. Nothing is taking him down.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is hard to be couped up - we are working from home right now and productivity has fallen off the map - and having kids home for the next 3-6 weeks makes it even noisier and more difficult......one thing we have found though is taking walks ....and enjoying the outside a little bit helps fill the day, as does Video Games for the kids.

This whole thing sucks, and many people are going to die, doesn't matter the statistics.....probably everyone here will know someone in the end that died from this.....

It is just a big pile of suckage.

DD

18. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Man I have really thought about going full Charles Bronson on folks who aren't taking this seriously.

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

a few people in my neighborhood have tested positive. 2 live very close. i got tf out of the house today.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a friend of a friend of friend, distant relative.

Even then you do not wish it upon them.