1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SCAM ALERT] Trump’s Website Won’t Let You Cancel Recurring Donations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

You know the routine, anything that doesn't fit their programmed narrative doesn't compute.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Another pathetic thread created to undermine a candidate. History will look back at people like Rashmon and Carl H, as the great propagandists that destroyed America.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Only
    Only one? I think that thou dost protest too much...

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Coming from you this is an honor.

Thank you.

Similar to Donald, it's like getting a purple heart without the trouble.

1 person likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Damn Carl, YOU'RE MAKING HISTORY!

*internet high five*

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I thought Obama already destroyed America

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Wouldn't contacting the campaign or webmaster to corroborate or explain, and incidentally remedy the problem, constitute a slightly more complete exercise, journalistically?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So are you denying that Trump is doing this, Junior? And if he is, how can you defend it? Inquiring minds would like to know.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A thread created to undermine a candidate? Yeah, posting on basketball forums is a major part of the Clinton campaign's strategy.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Please don't confuse Junior anymore than he is already, Carl. His head might explode and make a mess of our various devices with which we access glorious ClutchFans!

11. Nook

Nook Member

Yes but it would make a less popular story, which is really all the media cares about. The point is to get the most "views" and break stories even at the sacrifice of credibility and accuracy.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes Donald Trump deliberately told the webmaster to not allow anyone cancel their recurring donations. How stupid can people be?

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It shows the type of scum bags Donald hires and surrounds himself with. He only hires DA BEST!

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You're not voting for hillary right?

#34 vlaurelio, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I honestly never knew this was a thing.
    I understand making donations but I never thought people would set up recurring donations

Interesting world we live in . . ..

Rocket River

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

one way to attract small donors

instead of a one time $200 donation, $20 donations spread over 10M

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe or maybe not. It's a bit fun to poke at Trump though.

But really, what matter here is how is his Campaign reacting to these things. He can easily squash this by a simple message of oh, it's a mistake, sorry and we have corrected it. Or better yet, when they started receiving complaints, realize it could be a media hot story and take care of it before it get to that level. Just a very poorly run campaign to date and how you run your campaign is an indicator of your ability to manage things that is in your control.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">INBOX: Help, I set up a recurring contribution to Trump's campaign &amp; want to cancel it: (cc: <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a>) <a href="https://t.co/TFOHhdZDlJ">pic.twitter.com/TFOHhdZDlJ</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Diamond (@JDiamond1) <a href="https://twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/761015802459856896">August 4, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There are more "liberals" than "conservatives on D&D, but you'd be surprised that its not that much of a majority. The last time someone polled on voting preferences:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=276525

36% Clinton to 19% Trump. And I'd argue that a lot of people that say they will vote third party, or not vote at all, will still vote Trump in support of the GOP.

So while I am sure Trump has lost support, even here on D&D, as a result his many insane statements and actions, it sure isn't "just one Trump supporter here" (no matter how clownlike RL is).

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Gosh, you think the history books will write whole sections on how Rashmon and Carl destroyed America? I never knew anyone that was highlighted in a history book before... Rashmon and Carl, can I have an autograph?

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There is a difference in those that would support conservative values..and those that champion Trump. Trump has his flaws...And I am not oblivious to them. Trump however is unknown as a politician. Hillary is a known commodity and reeks of corruption. It seems there are many liberals that are inherently ignorant to that...but would rather vote along party lines. Why would I be any different??? No I am not voting for Hillary...