1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sbnation] SL Rookies ranking - D-Mo/Lamb/Jones/White mentions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matthieu, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

sorry if already posted

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/23/3173543/nba-summer-league-2012-rankings-rookies-damian-lillard

2 people like this.
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

Nice to see someones recognize Jones.

Hard to argue with Lillard at the top. Might be a bit of a ball hog though, and we will have to see on the defense. But, he looks like a scoring stud.

Waiters and TRobinson got slammed pretty good. Austin Rivers is also down the list, as are a few other names popular on draft night -- like KMarshall, Drummond, PJIII, Wroten, Fab Melo.

I thought Satoransky was an interesting name in round 2. He looked good when I saw him, but I guess he faded.

Overall, I enjoyed watching SL this year alot. Seems like a way above average class, in general.

Thanks for posting.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nice write up. All four players have tremendous upside.

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Terrence Jones didn't come off the bench in every game..

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Surprised anyone would put Lamb below Motiejunas based on Summer League alone, despite my own belief that Motiejunas should be the most untouchable of the rookies, save if we are dealing Martin.

That being said, everything else made perfect sense and I agree with.

6. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Still nobody with full Rockets summer leagues they can upload?

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's five bucks to watch every game in HD. Why bother?

8. prs325

prs325 Member

10 years ago, DMo was 10 or 11years old.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

scott machado = kendall marshall 2.0 w/o the lottery pick being necessary

10. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

are you serious ?

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Hahaha!

I noticed that and thought it was a weird comment too. I don't even feel like his frame is that slight. He's got to weigh 250ish? Most centers pre-Shaq weighed between 250-265, so I'm not really sure what he's talking about.

12. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

aaah i did not know that games were still watchable. good thing, i'll be able to see the rookies in action :) let's hope it wont be harder to see 'em go if a trade goes down

13. prs325

prs325 Member

:p:p:p. Ya, he would have been killed by the likes of Alonzo, Shaq, Mt Mutombo. Hehehe. Poor DMo :p:p:p

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I know local sports radio has been under fire lately, sometimes unfairly I think, but I took a road trip with my parents this past fri-sat and listened to the most shallow negative takes from the weekend personalities 610am on radio.com.

In reference to our rookies, if I heard "Houston Basketball fans should lower their expectations" once I heard it a thousand times. How can they define the expectations of an entire fan base?

If we stuck with our current roster, I'd be excited to watch this team grow and would be happy to be part of the ground floor development of these talents. I don't need a championship contender to satisfy my expectations, so if the present squad is our worst case scenario, I'll be just fine.

Just me?

2 people like this.
  15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

While it is very early, it sure does look like Morey has hit gold the last 2 drafts. With the exception of Morris, when every was screaming Leonard! I don't see how he could have done much better. Has there ever been this much turnover in a roster in NBA history? If Martin is traded, is the senior Rocket on the roster PPat? And what will be the medium age of the roster - 22.5?

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

I would be fine with this.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what i am hoping for.

18. Possum

Possum Member

Me as well!

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Agreed. I'm so sick of this Howard drama; reminds of the crap I went through a year ago with the ex (the drama). Why get a diva like him that wants to leave ASAP? Just start the rebuilding now and be patient. I bet you that 2 of the trio of DMo, Lamb, and Rolls Royce will be all-stars within 4 to 5 years.

20. Arthurprescott2

Don't forget T. Jones! He keeps on getting left out, but he shows a lot of promise and has a great feel for the game.