1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SB Nation] Dwight & Omer are starting and it's working

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ParaSolid, Nov 3, 2013.

1. uncarved

uncarved Member

Though the Raptors have played Milwaukee, Atlanta, and Boston, 3 of the worst 7 teams at rebounding, so I expect Houston to retake the crown of top rebounding team soon enough.

2. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Unfortunately, it's not really working. One of the reasons for the slow starts is because that's when they are most likely to play together.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He is short, small, weighs like 160lb and gets caught on screens. Horrible combination. Deron used to eat him gah

4. bmd

bmd Member

Aaron just has to rise above all that.

[​IMG]

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's an okay lineup, but let's not pretend Asik will be here next season. Morey's biding his time. We need a real 4---look how Tjones and Dmo still don't play---backupwhile not leaving us exposed at backup 5.

Asik/Howard is too square peg, round hole. Great for rebounding and D, but that patchwork at the 4, while denying both players their real roles....

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I was using stats from before yesterdays game. But if you wish here you go

Yesterdays game brought it up to -2 per 100 possesions. Still not definable as working

7. devin23

devin23 Member

what the freak, wierd. lowry is a good rebounder for a pg, that's all i know

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

TT was the key to comeback in 3rd against Jazz ( something like 29 -4 run) and overall is creating a defensive nightmare for opponents.

Also it's 3 games in.

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

29-4 against jazz in 3rd quarter to key a comeback is not working ?
    :rolleyes:

10. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Thanks.

Ok, makes more sense now if the Utah game wasn't in it.

It's definitely not working like it should to justify its position as our opening lineup. We should still stick with it at least as long as we keep winning games and preferably try it with Beverley and overall healthier backcourt. If there is no improvement after a while I guess we have to start looking for a legit defensive backup 5 and trade Omer for a better fit at 4. It will probably be hard to find a trade where we'll get equal value in return, though.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

29- 4 against utah to start 3rd and key a comeback is not working?

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

yes. that's why nobody else is extrapolating one data point but you

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Apart from that one stretch, the TT combo has been really, really bad. I'm not quite sold that a 10 minute stretch against a horrible team is evidence that it's "working." We got out to slow starts in two out of the three games, and the one game where we got out to a fast start was when Asik left only a minute into the game.

14. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Yes, that's working.

Opening quarter and overall -> not so good but the potential to improve is there because I'm sure the defense will continue to be there.

We have to consider also other things, mainly the effect on Howard and Harden:
    If it's keeping Howard more fresh with less banging in the post -> good.
    If Howard is worn down later because he has to chase fours at the perimeter -> not good.

If it keeps Harden more fresh because of lesser pace and less work on defense -> good.
    If it keeps Harden from getting in the groove early -> not good.

And then there are the chemistry issues. Is happier Omer worth it to keep playing TT even if we had better lineups?

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah and that one data point directly led to a W.
    UNREAL

Its like we win.. you arent even including the jazz game in your analysis (what a joke)and it was key to a win. That's a pretty big data point called W-L.

I'm sure JFK would like that one data point back called Oswald. Im sure the captain of the titanic would like that one iceberg data point back. It's like it almost didnt work but it did. Oh well let's just be stubborn about it. darn data points.

Face it if this were Jones or DMO or Casspi leading a 29-4 run you guys would be jerking it for joy.

16. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

That's right brother. I know this team could smooth out a lot of things but GOD I LOVE OUR FRONTCOURT. 2 great centers or 1 great center and a Casspi/Parsons? YESSSS DON'T NEED TO $$$$ TO AN ANDERSEN/ALDRIDGE

17. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

what a **** concept. i rather have a howard/parsons/harden/lin/beverly starting line up.