1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Say we want Mobley...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 23, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

I like Simmons and I still say no as well.

Porter-Wood-Simmons + shooters/defenders makes better sense.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

only way i'd like simmons added to the team is if we are trading Wall and Gorden to get him other than that it's a hard no for me.

ElPigto likes this.
  3. Rockets4Life13

Insert michael jordan „stop it, get some help“ meme.

34to11 likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

“We want Mobley”

D-rock, hibbetts and Bobbythegreat like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I always thought D-league had better players than college.

34to11, Verbal Christ and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

They do and it ain’t close.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nah. KPJ might be a shoot-first guard but he's not (yet) a shoot-well guard. We get the most out of him when he's a combo guard facilitator.

As for the trade, I think Philly would need to add more to the deal. Say we draft Green, and have a lineup of KPJ, Green, Tate, Simmons, and KMJ. That would be a fun team but we would still need depth and/or picks from Philly.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Still doesn't change the long term trajectory of a player.

College provides them with a solid plan for their life away from sports, perspective that they can pursue other things, more options so to speak.

It ain't that bad.

Also it is not the G-league had better players, the Gleague is NBA development league, it is literally filled with have beens, former players, current players and youngins.

The G-league is always there for them, no matter their age.

The real College experience you probably get at 18-21. They are humans, they should get to choose.

#148 daywalker02, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kevin Porter Jr. is a PG with a taste for tempo. Jalen Green is the hyper-efficient SG we need to put next to him.

Best backcourt in the NBA SOON.

10. sydmill

sydmill Member

If the Rockets go Mobley (not comparing him to Green atm) then:

a. their defense should improve
    Having a guy that long at the rim makes up for a lot of defensive deficiencies on the perimeter. additionally, having a big man that can switch for a spell on the pnr prevents a lot of penetration and open shots that woudl otherwise be surrendered. Mobley doesnt have to be a worldbeater just be able to hang long enough to get the ball to be swung and him to switch back.

b. provides another Roll man for KPJ/Wall
    Mobley's best offense for now is probably finishing at the rim off of lobs. But he is also an adept passer for a big man. I could a see very effective play being Mobley screening the ball and then passing to Wood for 3 after KPJ hits him on the roll. If the Rockets are playing 5 out having a center that can move the ball is a weapon.

c. the opponent's transition defense will be tested
    Mobley runs like a gazelle for his size. He could be a nightmare matchup in transition

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  11. Rocket_Man_2.0

Draft Jalen Green. GIve Zhou Qi another shot...him and Mobley are pretty much the same player!

Verbal Christ likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

F'ing troll.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Mobley is a freak.

Salvy and groovemachine like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll bump my own thread...

Saw an interesting "trade proposal" (aka totally made up hypothetical) from NBA Analysis Network (whatever that is) that got me back on this topic.

Golden State Warriors Receive: C Christian Wood, G Eric Gordon

Houston Rockets Receive: F Andrew Wiggins, No. 7 Pick In 2021, 2023 First-Round Pick, 2025 First-Round Pick

That's a lot for Golden State to give up. I'd pull the trigger on that in a heartbeat. This kind of reiterates my stance from the original.

Doing that allows you to take Mobley (if you want him) or Green and Sengun. Or Garuba. You can still trade up with 23 and 24 and Tate. If you wanted.

Tons of flexibility. And tons of future picks. Doesn't matter how you feel about the scenario. Just shows were in a spoil of riches.

I'd still do it, if offered though.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Nice, reminds of Kevin Durant’s body playing Center. If he could consistently be a threat from the arc I say draft him. He and Wood provide so much spacing. Joker, Randle, Greak freak, Ayton,would dominate him. But, he is better than we currently have.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They get all their info from Clutchfans (fyi).

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Zhou Qi >>>>>>Evan Mobley

Rocket_Man_2.0 likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I hate hate hate Green who is the fraud of the draft with his horrendous effort/defense, but I actually think this a possible accurate comparison for Mobley. I think I am the only fan who thinks both these players are going to be busts. Suggs may end up being the best of the group, but I understand why people don’t want him as he’s not the most exciting player in the world (just a winner who has limited weaknesses compared to the others).

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Suggs will be a very good player. He has big game experience, and we all know he can deliver in the clutch.

Plus, some could say that maybe his talents were masked a bit by playing for such a deep team. Nobody should be upset if we pick him.