1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Say Goodbye to 15-0 Record

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Clippers blew another one vs GS.

Griffin scored one 4th Q basket, while the Warriors couldn't miss a shot.

70 wins and a dynasty in the making. We had their number just 2 years ago.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It's not just health.... There really freaking good.

All there parts fit. That's why when the rockets break through and beat them this year in an epic upset in the playoffs it will feels so good.

But really they are going to have some tough decisions to make with Harrison Barnes, iggy and bogut soon. Ppl forget that curry is more underpaid then harden and he has to get paid the super Max after next year.

I'm curious to see how they spin all of this because Harrison Barnes is going to get paid and so will curry not sure what iggy and bogut will command but under the new tax im guessing a lot more then I would think.

Their payroll already includes 2 max players two guys making over 14 mil a year curry who is at 11 mil and Harrison Barnes who turned down a big extension which leads me to belive he wants the max too. No way They can keep all
    These guys for to much longer.

3. ibm

ibm Member

no jinx. they will lose to the bulls.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I'm still salty about having to fly into Atlanta at like 4:00 AM for the 16th game.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You know, if they get the record it should really have an asterisk since Curry's been using cheat codes this season.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Will they match our 22-1 start?

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

you know what, if i am a player, i would be dreaming of playing this team everyday and if i gets the chance, i am gonna beat them down so hard that, they won't even want to face me again, but that again speaks to how good this team is, you really can't find any weakness of them maybe besides turnovers, i would like to see them reach 70 wins this season, it's beautiful basketball, with ball movement and player movement, that's what basketball is supposed to be, not just some big guys banging under the basket

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Bulls did beat them in Oakland last year in OT. So you never know. But yeah, it's not looking good for the Rockets right now. Or possibly the 1996 Bulls. Man, MJ's gonna be p-ssed if his team is relegated to 2nd best record of all-time.

Our only hope aside from injuries with this Warriors team is for free agency to decimate them. But I don't know. With the cap going up the next couple years, they could conceivably hang onto just about everyone. Even if they have to let Bogut go, Ezeli is right there ready to step in.

9. Drogba

Drogba Member

I really miss that team, they were so fun to watch. I remember the Warriors and us were labelled the future of the NBA at that point. But then Lin turned out to be a scrub while Parsons was traded. Golden State are lucky they have a GM that understands the importance of chemistry.

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

There was a thread about this in the Dish. They could let all these guys walk and sign Kevin Durant. Not sure if that really improves them though.

11. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Don't count out the Bulls. They show up in big games sometimes.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The guy is a girl.... Trust me I found out the hard way... :grin:

T_Man

13. dmorey

dmorey Member

hope they break the record
    they deserve it

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Bruce Bowen says hello! Where's he at when we need him to, accidentally on purpose roll a gunners ankle? :grin:

15. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

No it doesn't. It pertains to the Houston Rockets

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

No, he was not.

17. SemisolidSnake

This game is when I developed an uncharacteristically passionate hatred for the Warriors. Rather than just accepting that they played like crap and that the Rockets were shooting lights out, the Warriors started purposely and aggressively fouling every one of our shooters behind the arc. It was solely to prevent being the team on the other side of a new NBA record.

There was 3:40 left on the clock when D-Mo tied the record. With the way we were shooting, there was little doubt we'd get at least one more three and grab the record. They fouled us out of that record in one of the most petulant displays I've ever seen in sports.

Unfortunately, the Rockets didn't seem as peeved about this as I've been. I wish they'd had the pride to look back on that game and get fired up to beat the snot out of Golden State every time they meet. I consider that one of the earliest indications that the team and its coach didn't have much heart, and certainly not the heart of a champion.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They don't deserve s**t. If the Warriors break the record then they earned it. I hate when people say a team or player deserves something in sports. It's so damn stupid.

19. ibm

ibm Member

^^

are you saying their players were aware of the record in question while playing? i doubt it.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They were aware. Mark Jackson told the Warriors to foul the Rockets to prevent the record.