1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saw TERMINATOR 3 tonight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

What a surprise. Me and the wife went to go see Charlies Angels tonight...we buy the tickets then I realize they are showing T3 beginning at 8pm! It looked like they had about 5 showings.

So, we make the decision to go see it. My initial thoughts: Cool effects but nothing special. Arnie is Arnie, spewing a bunch of one liners and kicking ass.

I dunno...I liked T2 better.

2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yeah, I didn't see it, but a few friends who saw it said it sucked. Like the effects were nice, but the plot was terrible. Apparently the stupidest part is when he goes "Talk to the hand" to a store clerk. Sounds terrible.

I'm guessing it's a disappointment, but I'll still see it I guess.

Then some other friends went to see Charlie's Angels, but with 2 minutes left in the film, the reel literally melted. So there was no ending!

3. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Most sequals that pick up 10 years later suck, like dumb and dumber-er. But I was a sucker for that and saw it opening night I probaly will see T-3 this weekend

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I saw T3 tonight. It's not as good as T2. But I guess its worth watching at least once. It basically sets up for the T4. Lots of cheesy one liners for a Terminator movie. They really need to bring back Cameron.

5. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

T3 was not as good as T2, heck yea, but T2 was done by James freakin' Cameron, probably one of the best directors ever. Robert Patrick was also a really good T-1000 back then, although Kristanna Loken did not do a bad job.

Regardless, I'd give T3 about 3 1/2 stars, and strongly recommend it to either the casual viewer or serious Terminator fan. It had a few 'cheezy' lines, but they did not detract from the overall effect of the movie, at all. This movie still had the same 'Terminator' feel, and brought up a lot of very interesting questions at the end.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It wasn't on par with the first two(although very few sci-fi/action films are), but it was a solid entry in the series with a very ballsy ending.

It's worth seeing if you're a Terminator fan. This is not Godfather III or Superman III which craps on a once-great franchise. If anything, the last 5 minutes will leave you wanting a 4th movie(which could end up happening).

7. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

i wish they would have use the same John Conner as in t2. this guy (actor) was annoying.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Eddie Furlong? Isn't that guy in rehab or something?

Can't wait to see the movie though...looks great.

Cod

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

Like Terminator 1 didn't have some cheesy dialogue.

"I came across time for you, Sarah."

:rolleyes:

10. mfclark

mfclark Member

Dumb and Dumber-er was a prequel, not a sequel.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

What would you have him say?

"I set the frequency of my phased warp manifold intensificator to a tri-phased plasma setting of 100 DPU which propelled me through the space-time continuum until I landed in 1984 all for you, Sarah."

LOL

12. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I saw the 12:40 show today.

I was very hyped to see this show. Usually that means I get let down when I actually watch the movie. Not this time. :)

It was excellent. I really enjoyed the movie and wasn't dissapointed at any point. I was impressed with Jonathan Mostow, thought he did a great job directing. Although I'm sure Cameron could have done the film better, Mostow exceeded all of my expectations. I wasn't a huge fan of the guy that played John Connor, but he did a much better job than I expected. Claire Danes was excellent, I did miss Linda Hamilton though and I wasn't too pleased with the "reason" they gave why she wasn't in this movie... The Terminatrix was pretty hot and had that cool evil quality like the T-1000 in T2.

There was great action/stunts and some funny lines. I want to go see the movie again. If you liked the previous Terminators you will enjoy this one also. Arnold has still got it!

Out of 100, I'd give this movie a 93 or so. I may be a little biased with my opinion, especially since I really liked Last Action Hero. :p

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I am trying to get wife out of the house right now to go the picture house...dash-garwn demmit!@#*%

We won't get a seat...I am gonna bring something!!!

14. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Deerbrook is gonna be packed man! The 12:40 show filled up fast, I was the second person there though, I got there about noon.

15. YoYao

YoYao Member

why they make Terminator a girl in T3? cuz Arnold is too old to win a battle aginst men

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

So you're assuming Arnold wins?

17. Nomar

Nomar Member

Eh.

I didn't think it was that great.

I never saw the first two.

18. New Jack

New Jack Member

I think they picked a woman to play the role to represent the new wave of women action stars (Charlies Angels, Lara Croft, etc.). Arnold kind of represents the old school big muscular men that used to dominate action movies (Stallone, Willis, etc.).

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Terminator 3 sucked. I see why James Cameron wants to seperate himself from this one.

Terminator 3 had the feel of a made for tv movie with a big budget. The new director doesn't have close to the same story telling ability that Cameron has. The action sequences are just thrown at you with no buildup at all. There are some funny parts in the movie but people don't like the Terminator series because they like the T101's stand-up act.

I'm watching T2 on USA right now and another thing comes to mind. The sound/music editing sucked also. There was no identifiable music/sound in T3 like there was in the first two. In T2 especially, there was a background music that added to the mystic of the Terminators. The music may seem insignificant but it does add to the overall movie experience.

Nomar, don't let this film sour your thinking of the other Terminator movies. T1 and T2 are classics and a must see if you've never seen them before.

20. Nomar

Nomar Member

TRS - Gotcha. I plan on seeing the first two soon.

In the mean time, I'm looking forward to LXG, Pirates, and Tomb Raider.