1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saw Harden in person

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 18, 2015.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

My girlfriend and our two daughters arrived in Houston yesterday afternoon for a few days and checked into the Westin Oaks at the Galleria. We walked around the mall for a bit, then headed back toward the hotel. Rounding a corner, I saw a small entourage and in the middle of it, THE BEARD.

My girlfriend didn't know much at all about basketball when we met, and now she's such a hard-core Rox fan that she often texts me with breaking news before I've heard about it. So when we saw Harden 15 feet from us, I thought it was pretty cool (MVP runner up, y'know?) but SHE totally lost her ****. The next day, she's still blown away by it.

I know, pics or it didn't happen. We tried to get a pic of her with him, but his bodyguard politely said nope.

Anyway, there's good news: Beard looked slim and trim. Dude's obviously been hitting the gym, even this close to the end of the season.

There was a red and black Rolls parked right outside the door where he came in. Wonder if it was his.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Time to wife her

1 person likes this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pics of Gf or it didn't happen

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

x2

Yep. One like that gets the ring...

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Skinny huh? Dwight looks massive in game but looks so thin in real life. I wonder how much of it is just you seeing an NBA player up close in real life. They are usually tall and lanky and no where near as wide as the cameras show them to be.

CavaliersFTW who i believe has posted here before(if you are reading this, i love the work and research you put into defending the greats of old, especially Wilt) went into great detail about the effects of high/low zoom in this post. Read post #51
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1370081&start=40

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

"Baby the Rockets didn't win a ring this year but you did"

1 person likes this.
  7. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

I saw James Harden!!!! I saw James Harden!!! Holy *****! :eek:

Yes, I'm still freaking out. He's so tall, it's astounding. He stopped for a pic with a little girl after his entourage denied me (awwww). ;)

1 person likes this.
  8. OpenLayup-Why3?

What? It's a lie. You tell the story like it just happened, Harden is already an MVP runner up, he lost weight, all sounds something that would be very recent, like yesterday. But you also say your not wife became a huge fan after that meeting, she texts you NBA breaking news all the time like this meeting happened years ago. Unless there were some breaking news over last night. Some big holes in your story.

9. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

I talked to him a few times at his bball camps in Houston . I know he had people watching him but he was really polite and likes being silly. We both were joking with the kids , calling phantom fouls on them lol.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

What did the entourage look like?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hmm.... Chekes_gf sounds better

1 person likes this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pics of you so we can judge please

1 person likes this.
  13. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Re-read

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

[​IMG]

15. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

About 6 tall dudes around him, all in their mid-20s, casually dressed. I think I've seen the guy who told me no pics around the bench during shootarounds before games.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tracy McGrady.

2 people like this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

If you change ""person" to "half", then it would be pretty awesome from a magician's standpoint.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Pics or you don't exist.

19. OpenLayup-Why3?

Yeah, my bad. But why would he mention that his gf didnt know nothing about basketball when they met. Seems irrelevant

20. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

His not wife became a big fan after Topfive and his gf met. Then he converted her.