1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saudis Will Behead and Crucify 21-Year Old for Democratic Protest at Age 17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, we just have a disagreement there as to what barbarism actually is.

My understanding is that he'll be crucified first, and then beheaded because crucifixion takes a really long time to kill someone. He'll just be in tons of pain for the time they crucify him and then they'll behead him to end it so he's not up there for potentially days.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

He killed a police officer. If the Saudi government waived the charges , the private charge of the victim's family can't not be .

It's unfortunate that Alqida, Iran, ISIS etc typically targeting under age minors people when they aim to recruit someone .

3. malakas

malakas Member

It seems afterall they behead them first and then "crucify them" -puting the bodies of the victims on cross to tell the public to go see them .

also
    So if some isis terrorist is caught in Syria then the proper route is to crucify them. I am certain there will be no outrage by extremist muslim priests at executing their own law.
    And why they use cross to crucify?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, I looked it up, he'll be beheaded first, then crucified so it's not quite as bad.

Well that would change things. Murder is a legitimate crime for one to be executed for.

5. malakas

malakas Member

but according to the islamic law he won't be at least crucified post mortem.
    For his family this should be at least a minuscule solace?

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This line in the article pretty much summed it up:
    [rquoter]"It is scandalous," said U.N. Watch executive director Hillel Neuer. "Petro-dollars and politics have trumped human rights."[/rquoter]

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Crucified in the sense he might be beheaded in public .The awkward thing , when a youngsters like most Houthi's fighter or this kid when they chants death to Israel death to America , then they attack Saudis :confused:.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Again.... Show me an example of where the USA sentenced someone to death and crucifixion for protesting.

Concerning water boarding, I never supported it. However it doesn't change the larger point; Saudi Arabia is very screwed up from a judicial stand pointing. Pointing out that another nation isn't perfect really means nothing... You can use that logic to minimize or defend any wrong. The differences between the overall legal system in the West and Saidi Arabia is massive.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I'm not sure I understand. Sorry.
    You mean crucifixion doesn't mean that he will put on cross but it will be a public execution? His body won't be displayed after?
    His crime seems to be murder. Not protesting.
    I have to repeat this again :the article and the title in this thread on purpose emphasized the age. The american system only 10 years ago didn't differentiate between the capital punishment of minor or adult.
    BUT you said it's 200 years behind and barbaric. Safe to say according to your words, that it was barbaric only 10 years in usa too?

When you say someone is barbaric you better youself NOT be one.
    My examples weren't strawmen. It was on purpose reffering to two things specifically a) capital punishment of minors, b) unfair brutal treatment of someone because he was a member of organisation (just like this young man is). Both done (now and only 10 years ago- so very very recently) by the oh so advanced western world that is here pointing the finger. At someone who does their own crimes.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Where did you here about this?

11. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't hypocrisy, no one said that the USA was judicially perfect. What you did was minimize what is happening in Saudi Arabia.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That ship has already sailed. It can be said during the great malaise of stagflation that it wasn't Thatcherism or Reaganomics policies were responsible for economic recoveries in those countries but rather the massive infusion of Saudi capital into areas like arms sales and asset classes such as stock, real estate and bonds.

This wasn't a reasoned decision by the Saudi elite but a tacit understanding of Arab culture with their quid pro quos and initiation of trust through illicit actions.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Actually the title of the article is:" U.N., rights groups call on Saudi Arabia to spare man from beheading, crucifixion" there is no mention of him being a minor.

The thread title is "Sadis Will Behead and Crucify 21-Year Old for Democratic Protests at Age 17"

Nope...... they emphasize the crime as much if not more than the age at offense.

Who the hell didn't say it wasn't barbaric? It is really apples and oranges though as NO WHERE in article does it state the man murdered anyone at all.

If you want to argue that capital punishment for a 17 year old that committed murder is wrong, start a thread about it. I doubt you will get many people disagreeing with you.

However, do NOT pass off capital punishment for a 17 year old as the same as capital punishment for protesting or throwing cocktails at a police officer.

Actually it IS a straw man. The article is about executing and crucifying a 17 year old for crimes related to protest. There is no mention of murder. It is a FALSE equivalency. Also do you know how this person was convicted? Is this person allowed to meet with his counsel?

What you did it minimize what is happening by basically saying let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone. That logic can apply to anything and gets to nowhere.

Yes, the judicial system in Saudi Arabia IS barbaric and has been. It is hundreds of years behind other systems. Further, unlike some other imperfect systems, it doesn't seem to learn from its own mistakes and failings.

14. Exiled

Exiled Member

Yes , exactly.

The thing about Saudis law which many don't know, if a suspect killed someone . And his fingerprint all over the places , and convicted of killing and signed the police report etc,,, when that person meet the judge, he could claim he was forced to sign...when this happened no way that person will be sentenced to death penalty.

I assume this kid just said .."well I was under age and I killed that person... "

The political implication would be Even greater if they just simply set him free, it would create loophole ,a few days later we would witness another crime by ..let's say a 15 years old minor...who peacefully shot another officer while protesting while knowing he could get away with it.

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Do things like this really shock people when they come from what is basically an islamic theocracy?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Things that are cruel and the opposite of enlightenment may not shock us, but they are still worth speaking out against. This is horrible. Not what anyone should want from an ally.

17. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You think it is almost as appalling and disgusting when Saudi Arabia gives the death penalty to a juvenile political activist as it is when the United States gives the same penalty to a juvenile convicted murderer?

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

malakas, stop being a weirdo.

Exiled is just making stuff up to defend that Saudi dictatorship.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Again give a credible source that he killed anyone. Second, you know there is something between setting someone free and killing them... We call it prison.

20. cml750

cml750 Member

I have no arguments with you on this FB. Wow do we finally agree on something.;) I have and always will respect you FB.