1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saudi Arabia holds all male women's rights conference

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Dec 11, 2015.

1. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Stop being purposely dense.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I stand corrected. There are 4 women in this picture.

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Saudi Arabia holds all male women's rights conference *sponsored by ExxonMobil, and the USG

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm missing the point of this thread. There are a lot more women in the world who don't have equal rights. If you fixate on one country or your mission will fail. It's probably better to be a feminist activist in your own home.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Business as usual then.

6. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I was joking! You don't care about Saudi women, you just wanted to say Saudi men are bad, because . . . because you have feelings.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It doesn't matter that the U.S. government endorses this behavior by Saudi being on of our largest economic allies? It also should matter that ISIS rhetoric is essentially Saudi Wahhabism? The U.S. being allies with Saudi and at the same time having ISIS as our mortal enemy are two conflicting notions that is interfering with the West's fight against Islamic terrorism.

8. fchowd0311

And you are an over the top apologist who would rather see Saudi's transgressions go unnoticed because of some perceived racism towards Arabs.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Actually I agree that ISIS is a fake front funded not only by Saudi Arabia but by more "friendly" countries as well. And I agree that the U.S. endorses this behavior.

So damn funny how U.S. conservatives are playing at feminism all of a sudden. I just don't see what it has to do with ISIS being an arm of our ally.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, what do you want the U.S. to do for Saudi women? Tell us all.

11. fchowd0311

Nothing except cut ties with Saudi, and tell them why. Trust me, those Saudi princes care.

12. fchowd0311

And you took the conspiracy nuttery to another planet.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Well I totally I agree with you!

I'll go you one better and mention the 28 redacted pages of the 9/11 report, which apparently show Saudi support as well.

14. fchowd0311

So what qualms do you have against ATW regarding this matter?

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Really? But you wrote:

Just a coincidence that ISIS and Saudi believe the same things, as you said? And you're mad at Saudi for some reason, but not related to ISIS right? It's your feminism talking. OK. . . .

"Mortal enemies"? You mean like maybe ISIS can kill America? You're way farther out there than I am. . . .

16. fchowd0311

Umm.. you believe ISIS to be a false front. In reality it's a movement by crazed individuals who took advantage of a situation that the U.S. UNINTENTIONALLY caused. That's the rational take.

I have no clue what you mean by 'front'. Usually that entails that the U.S. is in cahoots with Saudi to prop up ISIS for some grander sinister master plan. If that's not what you meant, then sorry. Your diction was confusing.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Why is that the rational take?

Your rationality is "Why would the US support terrorists?"
    My answer is, the U.S. kills way more people than ISIS. We're not afraid of killing.

Your rationality is: "But nice French people?"
    My answer is, we have posters on this very board who think 90% collateral damage (deaths of innocent people) is acceptable, and far more than 120 innocents were killed by the United States in the past year.

Your rationality is "Sure, we're spending trillions of dollars on Iraq, but it's not like anyone is enjoying the profits from this."
    My answer is, yes they are.

Don't you know there's oil over there?

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

sirbaihu is a real weirdo.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know what's even more hilarious than this??

Saudi Arabia is our ally!

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Obviously you know this is called an ad hominem attack. And the problem with an ad hominem attack is that it fails to address the argument made by the person.

I said: your OP about something in 2012 is irrelevant, except to Saudi feminists and their global sisters (and honorary sisters). I don't know the part you are objecting to.

Now, fchowd0311, a genuine ex-Muslim, has expressed the belief that I also support: "ISIS rhetoric is essentially Saudi Wahhabism."

There was just one part that did not compute for fchowd0311: "The U.S. being allies with Saudi and at the same time having ISIS as our mortal enemy are two conflicting notions." All I said was: they are not conflicting notions. Solved that intellectual conundrum! ISIS is not our mortal enemy. They are some paid killers mixed in with some paid fundamentalists, enforcing Saudi beliefs, and we are Saudi's close ally.