1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saturday Night Live Tickets

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by s land balla, Jan 6, 2004.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I'm going to be in NYC this Saturday and I was wondering if anyone knew how hard it is to get tickets to SNL. I went to nbc.com and this is what it says:

We are no longer taking ticket requests for the 2003-2004 season. Check back next summer for information about the 2004-2005 ticket lottery.

For stand-by tickets: Arrive no later than 7:00am on the morning of the taping under the "NBC Studios" marquee on the 50th St. side of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. You may choose a stand-by ticket for either the 8:00pm dress rehearsal or the 11:30pm live show. Only one ticket will be issued per person. Please note that a stand-by ticket does not guarantee admission.

Is it possible to get tickets if I wake up really early or would I just be wasting my time?

2. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

man i wanna say that getting tickets to SNL would take a long long time. i know that its tough to go see shows like letterman. those are tickets youd need get a year beforehand im almost positive

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

You can also try to get tickets for the rehearsal before the show. They say that is pretty cool too. They try out the skits one last time before they go live and throw away the bad ones.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Forget SNL. Getting tickets is impossible. You stand a much better chance of going to see The Daily Show (which I've done several times). Call (212)-586-2477. I don't know if they can accommodate you on such short notice, but you can try. Be forewarned, though: Just because you have a ticket doesn't mean you'll get in. It's "first come, first serve." Get there early and stand in line (usually with a bunch of hippy, stoned NYU students). I believe the show tapes around 5:30 PM and lasts for an hour.

Trust me, The Daily Show is well worth it. Jon Stewart is even funnier in person. He answers questions (and harasses tourists), shoots the s*** with the audience, and sometimes does a little standup schtick for the crowd.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think they're taping anymore until the summer. I could be wrong but I know this weekend was a repeat.

6. HAYJON02

that sounds perfect. hes in the pike fraternity just like me and im going to new york for spring break so do you think if i call now i could get tickets? thats my favorite show easily. it and family guy are a laugh every 20 seconds exactly :p

7. HAYJON02

you mean theyve already TAPED the spring episodes?? :D

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think they go back live this weekend. At least that is what they said on last saturdays show.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's hard to keep up these days. Seems like every time I'm home on Saturday night, it's a repeat. I always miss the live shows. :mad:

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

PIKE? Ugh. Forgot what I said. I'm never helping you guys again. :p

Try calling and see what happens. It never hurts to try, right?

Homer: "You tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is, 'never try'."