1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS: Houston has no excuse to lose to GS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 9, 2019.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets obviously did not think they are 73-9 team in the 4th quarter last game.

Rockets played lazy ball like they won already.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA would say this after the loss:

"We just cant make shots and grab rebounds. They are great team even without Kevin. "

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve tried I’ve tried :( One already told me today “you know if you guys get a chip there will always be an asterisk on it don’t you?”

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Bro put James Hardens Beard back on please

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They will claim that but I saw a KDless warriors dispatch the Rockets. BS argument.

Rox Addict likes this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If we lose this year, I believe it would the would be the most horrific defeat in Rox history considering the circumstances and what’s at stake. For some strange reason I had more confidence when they had KD.

Now I’m shook.

RocketRed4life likes this.
  7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Unfortunately for us, the more apt and significantly more relevant comparison would be game 6 to the spurs whom we (Harden) allowed to absolutely annihilate us without Kawhi and without Parker.

If Harden lays another egg in this situation he will have earned all time choker status. And I’ll have moved on from him entirely.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BigTex

BigTex Member

We should absolutely win Game 6. Hot Takers will **** on us til the end of time if we lose at Home.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost a Game 7. I mean they still have 3 all stars. And Oracle crowd will be going bananas in a Game 7 situation. Probably would have ref advantage. Game 5 was such a blown opportunity

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

We win tonight and probably lose Sunday. I can’t see the warriors going down. Can’t stand them.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let me get this straight. Team A has 1 all star. Team B has 3 all stars. Now one of Team B's 3 all stars is out. So now Team A with ONE all star has no excuse losing to Team B with TWO all star?

As Morey says, this is new math.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

How will gs manage, left with only 3 all star players able to suit up???? The horror.

Its not like that team is crippled. We should beat them but its not like theyre just chopped liver and theyre still better than 80% of the league as they stand.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's right, but there was no excuse to lose Game 5 either.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Where's there asterisk for beating lebron without Kyrie and Love?

Rox Addict likes this.
  14. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

I think this is all based on how the series has played out, thus far. The rockets have lost by an average of 5 Points. They’ve had some bad breaks (game 1), not played as well as they should have (game 5). They could have won this series 4-1. Based on how close they’ve been, even in losses, we should be able to take it now, without KD.

I think SAS is partly basing his statement on the fact that our stars are known as chokers around the league. Fair or not, that’s the truth. Then, last season we are up 3-2 and lose CP3 and all year it’s been.. we would have won the series if not for the injury (which I do agree with), let’s run it back, etc etc. well, we are down 3-2 but they’ve lost their best player and one of the top 2/3 in the game. If CP and Harden step up, we win this. If they don’t, we lose. If they don’t, there’s no excuse. I can’t go aroud standing up for the Rockets and making excuses. This will be their narrative for their entire careers, unless they can get over the hump .. let’s get it

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't care about an asterisk, just win. They certainly didn't care last year w/ the Rockets up 3-2 and Paul hurt. Houston can win this, but need to step up.

I also don't care about the arguments at the bar when I'm told houston didn't deserve 94 or 95 (even though Jordan was playing good in the 95 playoffs...). Seriously no one's going to remember eventually, and asterisks don't exist for the Lakers/Kings series or the Rockets/Mavs so.... Houston has their best chance, GSWs aren't the same as before, and if they lose, there will be an asterisk for the Rockets being chokers.

I'm sorry, but the argument GSWs are still better even tho they're playing insane minutes due to smaller rotation, there's no excuse here. If Rockets lose, then it's on them for not taking the best opportunity and running with it (the past is over look ahead to games 6/7) . It'd be the same thing for the Warriors when lebron almost beat them solo.

Houston can do this, they just need to play

Jake Tower likes this.
  16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Basically, the Warriors, a historically great team, just lost a ridiculously favorable insurance policy. But yet, the Rockets will look like chokers if they can't beat that historically great team. I guess that checks out?

Easy likes this.
  17. cebu

cebu Member

couldn't agree more.

it's make or break including coaching staff.. but then again there's the referee factor...

oh well.. i guess just break NBA.

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

It seems you don't think about how much these occurrences really affect the game. A call here a call there gives the slightest advantage... and that's all it takes at this caliber. And please don't downplay the #metoo movement... cause essentially that's what you just did, even if unintentionally

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And your non Rockets fans mysteriously forgot Jordan lost to Shaq in 1995.

20. RocketRed4life

We have all been saying, if GS didn't have Durant and had kept their 73 win team intact, this version (and last year's) of the Rockets would take them down. Well now we have that opportunity to show the world we can do it. Will we? I say yes.
    If Harden lets a Monstar take over his body again like he's known to do and we lose!? I WILL NEVER believe in Harden again until he wins a chip. I dont care if he takes his game up another level next regular season.

Easy likes this.