1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS 1st take: Deandre Jordan wants to go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 1, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People forget...

We can feel an entirely different way about this team months from now.

Thankfully though, this isn't a decision that has to be made now. We can make this decision after the season.

DonKnock and kjayp like this.
  2. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Melo also wanted to come to Houston and that didn’t happen. Everyone wants to come here now...what a relief to be like “nah we good”

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Clint > DeAndre purely because of FT shooting

I don't want ANYBODY that other teams can "hack a shaq" in the playoffs. NO.

Xenon, amaru, James.B.H and 6 others like this.
  4. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

Maybe for Nene, Eric and first pick in 2249 ... not for Clint that's for sure.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DJ will be getting more than 46 M over the next 2 seasons, and will be a UFA in 2019.

6. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Why would we pay this much money for a role player?

Oh wait

amaru likes this.
  7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

That makes this hypothetical of using this trade to get rid of ryno look even worse and less justifiable!

What is that dude thinking when he says he would do it just to get rid of ryno lmao. Does he want to kill this offense?

Trading ryno/capela for jordan plus filler would hurt our spacing and give pop the hack a jordan option.

Killatron 2000, DonKnock and saleem like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

It's gonna come down to if we play the Spurs huge frontline will Clint or Deandre help more? against the smaller more agile team like the Warriors i think Clint who is a terrific pick and roll defender help more. I cant see Morey trading Clint.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dude do you even basketball? :rolleyes:

11. 1Deep

1Deep Member

That's even way too much...

12. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I might get killed for this but hear me out.
    I like Clint a bit less than everyone on here probably does and I’ll tell you why. Clint is awesome in MDA’s offense bc he can set the P&R, finish at the basket, he shows flashes of offense, and he can hit the FT. However, what bothers me about Clint is that he gets lazy A LOT on D. I’m sure you guys have heard MDA yell at Clint at least 3-4 times during a game bc Clint is out of position on D, forgets his man, or refuses to JUMP to block a shot. I feel like Clint sometime forgets that his main purpose on this team is NOT to score rather than to play D and play the P&R game. Clint, if you guys remember, was a horrible FT shooter until John Lucas came into the mix so who’s to say he can’t do the same for DJ?
    I like DJ bc he too can run the P&R, finish around the rim, and is a top defender. Yea he can’t hit FT’s but that can be worked on just like Clint worked on his. In the end I’ll only take DJ if he comes cheaper than Clint at the end of the season.

Little Bit and sjackson0 like this.
  13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

thats an easy one, he may baseketball, but not basketball, that is for sure...

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

To be frank he is also the superior defender still.

But going forward it doesn’t make sense. Capela even maxed out this offseason will make a starting salary at roughly 25-26m/per compared to DJ coming up for the 30m/per max.

Also given their age and growth comparison, it’s extremely an easy pass.

seeingred and DonKnock like this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I thought deandre didn't like cp3 lol

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I like deandre. Dude is a Houstonian. But it just don't make no sense fam.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The only way DJ can fit in Houston, if he agrees to share minutes with Clint, after getting bought out. Nene can give great minutes behind Ryno, and play when needed at the 5 too. It's just not going to happen IMO.

19. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

thats Mr.Temporary Kardashian

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

So the elephant in the room....you think Morey is willing to pay Clint $100 mil this off season? Teams are coming after him this off season and he will have to match or get off the pot. I'm sorry....I like Clint, but I don't love him. He gets better each year slowly, but he is still soft in situations and we all know it. Jordan is who we want Clint to be....damn the free throws lolol. Jordan is the best (if not D12) defensive big in the league. He challenges everything and rebounds with vengeance lol He changes so many shots at the rim and the fact that players know that changes how they attack the rim. Those are extra possessions! lol I'm not worried about Hack a Jordan when we are up by 20 because of our offense and defense. Jordan would take our defense to another level....he's just plain better than Clint right now and we are trying to win NOW. If it's about Clint being cheaper then that's about to change this off season cause he's about to get paid. Are we the team to pay Clint $100 mil?? or the team that finds Clint? If i'm paying one of them $20 a year right now...i rather pay Jordan