1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS 1st take: Deandre Jordan wants to go to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't even know why there's a buyout talk, there's no way the Clippers buy him out, they will either keep him or trade him.

RudyTBag, DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, I agree...that was just something I came up with quick off the top of my head

it’s too much to match DJ’s salary in a trade...all of our role players are really important, and I wouldn’t want to lose multiple role players for the likes of DJ

what we really need to upgrade is the SF position...going from Ariza to a star level player would really elevate us to a new level

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Don't mess with our chemistry. We're golden right now.

[​IMG]

RudyTBag and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

One good thing about DeAndre... Astros fan.

Bad thing... FTs

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The homerism here is quite worrisome....

Clint isn't BETTER than DeAndre. Just because he's on a better deal than DeAndre, doesn't mean he's a better talent. DJ is a bigger body, far more intimidating and FAARR more vicious and strong with the ball. But with that being said, I only do this deal if it were Ryno + Clint, and Melo were bought out from the Thunder so we could replace Ryno.

Little Bit and redrowdy03 like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

the bball iq here is a bit worrisome.

what does any of that have to do with actual basketball play and actually translating to wins. intimidating..right DJ is scaring guys left and right in the league

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Do you not pay attention to how many times Capela is ripped in the paint or stripped going up for a layup/dunk? He can't hold his ground like DJ.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh. which shot attempt for DJ is that on. his 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 one he takes.

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Well, he averages 4.7 ORBPG, so at the most it's his 5th.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

so now going away from what you were trying to claim. transition over to oreb. ok gotcha

12. Wylo

Wylo Member

lol, Capela right now is already better than DJ. DJ's defense is overrated and has ZERO moves on offense, unlike Capela who from time to time can make some hook shots.

#192 Wylo, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I can already tell before getting into this that you're a horrendous debater, but I'll continue anyway.

You asked me what # of shot attempts it takes DJ to go up and make his layup. Usually that means he's grabbing his own rebound... correct? Therefore I bought up offensive rebounding.

But yours was a pointless rebuttal, wasn't a rebuttal at all quite frankly... I don't understand what you were even trying to get at.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you show me video of a couple?

I honestly can't remember seeing Clint stripped very often this year, and I have seen every game he has played in with the Rockets. I remember him fumbling around a bit in his rookie season.

In my opinion, the power lifting and added mass is finally starting to pay off. That, along with his soft jump hooks and quickness off the roll makes him historically efficient at the rim. He was this dominant around rim in France when he walked like a baby giraffe too, and it is nice to see that it translates at the highest level.

D-rock likes this.
  15. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If you can link me to someone that creates lowlight reels I'll find plenty.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

correct? why would that mean hes just grabbing his own rebound? that doesnt make sense. theres a such thing called oreb off misses from his teammates. notivce how i stopped at 6 bc thats how many shots DJ takes a game and he plays over 30 mins

you tried to claim DJ is this strong ball protector going up for layup/dunks which has nothing to do with orebs. it doesnt matter anyway bc hes not even a threat offensively. that in no way significantly translates to winning games

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clint PER36: 23 years old.
    15.7 RPG
    2.4 BPG
    1.1 STP

DeAndre PER36: 29 years old.
    15.4RPG
    1.2 BPG
    0.6 STP

I don't know... Not to mention the playoffs, where Clint basically led in rebounds and blocks and all kinds of defensive metrics. Can DeAndre switch onto a guard? That's a huge element of our defense.

(On Offense it isn't close. Clint is significantly better)

eric.81, D-rock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering CC is averaging less than 2 tos a game. yeah this claim of people not seeing how many times hes ripped in the paint or stripped going up for a layup/dunk doesnt show much validity

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

#199 glimmertwins, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  20. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Well, after Nene retires, maybe he will be a nice backup for capela

I am a Donut likes this.