1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Saratoga Cop Goes on a Power Trip

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Obito, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If that guy isn't stripped of his badge and given jail time....

It'll be interesting to see this play out.

Wow...supposedly, fourteen years ago the same cop was going three times the limit and hit a guy head on, turning him into a vegetable...hope that's not true...

Also, the story I read says the other cop searched the guy's car anyway after deputy douche stole his keys. Hope that's not true either. If so, both should be fired. Those guys are supposed to be protecting our constitutional rights, not violating them.

Kudos to the kid for keeping his cool after being assaulted by the police officer.

Edit: Douche cop is currently suspended without pay while an investigation is being carried out. Hopefully he gets a lot worse.

#2 Two Sandwiches, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

These are the people we let have guns?

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The guy with the camera messed up by looking at it and smirking, but the damage is done for that cop.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cops don't have time to be playing this games. Put yourself in their shoes and youll be breaking some necks too. Just cooperate and stfu

6. Bandwagoner

Searching your car requires consent. He didn't want to give it and was physically threatened and hit until he acquiesced. I don't think there was a problem with the guy smiling either.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lol. That's just off base.

The cop had no reason to search the car. Didn't have a warrant. Kid asked the cop to get a warrant. Isn't that what any citizen should do if they think their constitutional rights are being violated (unlawful search and seizure)? Instead the cop - the one who should be helping to preserve our rights - retaliates with violence and threats. He should be fired and have assault and harassment charges brought up against him. Just because you have a badge does not give you the right to break the law, while hiding behind it. Especially when your dealing with lawful citizens (at the time...don't know about the events beforehand).

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The cop stopped him for a reason . I didn't stop too long at a stop sign and got asked if they can search my car (wtf). I said go ahead but he didn't search me though. It's just a test for incidental findings which you shouldnt ignore at any job. I want an ******* like this patrolling where I live because there are too many dumbasses out here.

9. Bandwagoner

It isn't a test, you just gave consent to a search.

10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

There is a fine line between being an officer who took an oath to serve and protect, and being a vigilante with a badge! It's obvious who this jerk is! Your rights against an illegal search are violated AND you get assaulted, all in one incident by an individual who THINKS he is above the law!

I have a family, and I hope that if a situation like this ever occurred to me, I will also be able to show restraint, if not I'll will probably be in jail for defending myself, or in a casket six feet under!

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

they dont just get the right to search thru everything that you own because they want to... we dont live in Nazi Germany

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what if he had asked to search your house? Your computer?

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He's been suspended w/o pay. That's how serious they're treating this.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yeah, they have to meet their buds at the donut shop. Cops sit around all day, they got all time in the world. Who in their right mind would want to be a cop? That is the reason we situations like this.

16. Faust

Faust Member

thanks obama. this kind of stuff is why we all voted republican on tuesday. the goverment is outta control!

17. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I wonder how long he'll be suspended for. Crap like this should get them suspended for a LONG time...like a year. Hell, let them work as a rent a cop and realize what a privilege it is to be an officer. That a-hole :mad:

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2.4/ 10

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

First of all, wut.

Second, not all cops are bad. Not saying there aren't terrible cops, but it only takes a couple of these bad cop stories to make people hate authority. Which shouldn't always be the case.

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

paid vacation and moved to a desk job.

that'll teach him!