1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

San Diego sucks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cities can have their own pace. Houston, during the day, people are generally doing ****. With some cities that's just not the case. In Houston you go to the gym from 9am-4pm and it's empty. Other cities, traffic trickles in and out all day.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I thought the people were great and very friendly to me and i ended up meeting tons of other people that had just moved there. The few negatives are that it's a military town, and when i was last there-we could drink on the beach. Problem was there was drunk Mexicans fighting everywhere like it was just another football game. A few months after i moved back to Houston, my friends said drinking on the beach wasn't allowed anymore. That still true?

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Went there a few years ago for about 2 hours. 45 minutes after we got to Mission Beach a cold front came through and the temperature dropped to the 50s. We tried to make it work but it wasn't fun when we came in swimsuits and t-shirts. It was gorgeous and seemed like a great place to be.

I am going back for the first time since then in 2-3 weeks for KAABOO. I am so excited to be back. Hopefully the weather cooperates this time. Trying to figure out where to stay right now. Should I look at La Jolla or Encinitas? Trying to get relatively close to Del Mar but everything super close is booked up or $600 a night.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Stayed in La Jolla several times and loved it. Traffic wasn't nearly as bad as LA, San Fran or Houston for that matter.

Make the short drive down to Rosarita and spend the night. Avoid Tijuana.

6. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow. Anti-military and racist all in the same post. That's a new one.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

1. Former Military.

2. Half Mexican.

3. 'Murica.

1 person likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You do know that stating a fact doesnt equate to racism right?

Ive been to many quinceañeras and fights break out all the time.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Just remember, the Rockets moved out in favor of Houston.

10. larrywhatson

larrywhatson New Member

11. crose

Supporting Member

Then you are just confused/ashamed of your identity, which is even more pathetic.

As former military myself, living in San Diego, I'd love to know how you think that San Diego having a large military presence is a negative?

#51 crose, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Visited San Diego a couple of years back, I share the same feeling as the OP and others in that there was just something off about the city, I can't put my finger on it.

I lived in Austin for 10 years before moving to Seattle. I've been down to Portland a few times and it gives me the vibe Austin had before it recently boomed.

13. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

San Diego is America's finest city

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've been to Orange County/San Diego several times, and I fall in love with it every time I go. It is definitely expensive, but if you're in STEM, you can make pretty good money out there. I generally prefer cities with more hustle and bustle, but there's something about the vibe there that energizes me.

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Male to female ratio?

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lots of jobless or underemployed people

17. crose

Supporting Member

Valid point, with data to back it up:

http://www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/solocities_gap1.aspx

Although, one could argue quality over quantity? Also, a good portion of military are on deployment throughout the year, so these numbers may be inaccurate.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Also known as the D to V ratio- crucial in judgement to a particular city, although San Diego has more than a few babes.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

You get a raging boner saluting the flag every time someone thanks you personally for your service huh? Do you wear your dog tags out to the bars? You're probably Navy. You got yellow stains all over your cute little dress whites?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GKfoc6E4_5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/owfx_V3Bxkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Residents and travelers disliking the miilitary population in SD is a real thing. Guess a lot of people have run ins with army douches.

I personally haven't and have no opinion on it, but I'v heard it multiple times from others.