1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

San Antonio reaction to Game 2 loss

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JJ, May 10, 2006.

1. JJ

JJ Member

This is great!!

The radio station in San Antonio is going off. These guys are whining like little girls. "Oh its the refs", "The refs have it in for us", "Dirk committed 5 fouls in the 2nd qtr and they weren't called..." Blah, blah, blah.

Man I cannot stand these no basketball knowledge having fans. It makes me glad when the Spurs lose because you would think that the end of the world was near. I knew this was going to happen, as soon as the game got outta hand last night. I flip on the radio this morning and sure enough. They lead with the sound clip of game 2, with the fans chanting "Ref you suck". The fans here (SA) are scared as hell! They don't know what else to do but whine about the refs. Punks.

C'mon!! The refs are not the reason you lost by 22 points. The Mavs kicked your arse!

Expect lots of candles being lit for the Spurs on saturday. Freaking pansies.

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I would still rather have Dallas lose. It will really really really suck if they get a Championship.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

apparently, you weren't paying attention to this board last year when the Rockets were playing Dallas.

We don't complain. :rolleyes:

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

we didn't blame it on the refs, we blamed it on JVG :D

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the spurs are a class franchise with great fans.

the mavs are in dallas.

go sa.

6. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

FINLEY WAS OUT OF BOUNDS!!!!!!

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

yea, but Dallas was the aggessor (as Reggie Miller would justify such a call).

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

so was don beebe.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dallas is the better team.

That said, I want both teams to lose.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No kidding,

To me it just seems the Spurs are getting a taste of what the Rockets went through last year.

No worries SA will knock them off and then the Pistons will take the Spurs out, then we'll all be happy

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

is it me or have defenders figured out ginobli? I don't understand, from an observer who roots for neither, duncan does that same darn move going under the defender shooting it up with one hand and if he ever gets bumped he gets the foul call.

12. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

The Spurs have the worst fans in the world. Ask a Spurs fan who George Gervin is. Hell, ask one who Vinny Del Negro is. They don't know. Fairweather fans who have had such a long stretch of fair weather that they almost look like real fans.

I hate San Antonio. Dallas isn't very far behind, but San Antonio is definitely king. What a dirty ****hole of a town.

SPURS LOSE!!! SPURS LOSE!!! SPURS LOSE!!!

F*ck the Spurs.

13. MR. MEOWGI

Dude trust me. Dallas winning it all would be 100 times worse. I don't even want to think about it.

14. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

I live in Austin. I have to hear the Spurs crap from bandwagon fans who don't know a thing about basketball or the team itself all summer if they win. I know for sure I'll be going for the Clips/Suns in the WCF, but for now I just want to see the Spurs "fans" cry.

15. MR. MEOWGI

I just don't want to se the city of Dallas and Cuban etc. celebrate.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've lived in both areas...Spurs fans are worse. I'd much rather see Dallas win this thing.

17. MR. MEOWGI

I don't care about the fans. I hate the whole city.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, I'd really hate for that skyscraper downtown to have his team win a championship. :confused:

If it's not the people, how do you hate a town? Does the architecture piss you off? The highways? That patch of grass at the corner of Lemmon and McKinney?

I'm also rooting for the Mavs because I think they have less of a chance against the Suns or Pistons. I think the Clippers could beat them too.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Dallas wins, Dallas gets swept by the Pistons. I'd be okay with that scenario.

Evan

20. MR. MEOWGI

Yes.

edit: actually my grandfather was once the Dallas Deputy Director of Public Works and designed some of the highways there etc., but still... yes.

#20 MR. MEOWGI, May 10, 2006
    Last edited: May 10, 2006