1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samuel Dalembert should start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Jan 1, 2012.

1. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

let Dalembert start or OP will cry...

2. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

This.

Dalembert isn't going to play better if he's starting. It would just be about giving him more minutes... which both of them are probably going to get in between 20-30 minutes the whole season so it doesn't really matter.

Starting Dalembert could screw with Hill's confidence though. He's putting in solid play so far (not better than Dalembert though), not killing our team on the defensive end too much.

In the future we might want to consider the switch but I don't think now is the time.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think the Rockets eventually plan for Dalembert to start, but he's not in good enough shape and doesn't know the system well enough yet. Maybe he will start against LA.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Sam should start to offset the lack of D by Scola n KM... then JHill comes in with second unit when we dont have our two best offensive weapons on floor... seems to be a no brainer to me...

5. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

J Hill is young and needs a chance to develop. Hill needs the confidence and he has been playing well.

It would be a bad move to potentially stunt the growth of a rapidly improving young big man.

J Hill has one of the highest ceilings on the team.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think Dalembert will be starting sometime this week or next.

7. cod

cod Member

Dalembert is foul prone anyway. Unless they're switching for matchup purposes avoid anything that'll knock Hill's confidence.

8. Defy9

Defy9 Member

This is what Jordan Hill thinks of your suggestion...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/F7SGyYhW2FU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If we don't start Dalembert, Hill will be facing the likes of Bynum and Gasol? Comfortable with that idea? I am not.

10. valorita

valorita Member

Send one of our scrubs on a mission to put a blindsided forearm shiver to crack a couple of Bynum's ribs.

courtesy of Barea, Beasley, GWallace...

I remember when Bynum couldn't do anything to Chuck. I miss him.

11. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

12. cdastros

cdastros Member

I think Hill would be a better fit with Dragic off the bench.

13. koopa

koopa Member

The problem is i don't see the fiery eyes /no fear that I see in dalembert's and other nba bigs in Jordan Hill's eyes and hence Jordan Hill ends up being inconsistent last season. This could be due to experience and as he gains more experience he will gain more confidence. But other than that I haven't seen it in Jordan Hill's eyes during the game so far. I am not saying Dalembert is a huge upgrade from Hill but I see more consistency in defense out of him which proves more important in my book. I am not saying Dalembert can outhustle Boozer, Deng, zach randolph, Ibaka, Joakim Noah, Tyson chandler, bynum, nene hilario (all the above average bigs) but he sure as hell can hang with them better than Jordan Hill could. And besides, Hill might flourish against the 2nd unit bigs better..i mean he'll be playing against the Troy Murphy's and Chris Kaman, Haslem, Glen davis's, and Magliores and he would be able to hang with them lol.

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This.

And while your timing is probably right, it might be closer to three or four weeks, but in any case before the end of January.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

For now it is Jordan's spot to lose.

16. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

did you see fiery eyes in tmac's whenever he's in shooting mode?

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I agree with those saying that Dalembert will eventually start once his conditioning rounds into regular season form.

Also, anyone saying that Scola shouldn't start needs their head examined. He's far and away the Rockets' best (and maybe only) low post threat. Without him, the Rockets would not be able to score in the first quarters of games. And if his defense is a concern, then they should start a better defender than Hill next to him.

You know . . . like Dalembert! :grin:

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think the conditioning thing may be a smokescreen.

We need a motivated JHill, and that 2nd unit is horrible on defense, they need Dally at the rim more than our starters do.

DD

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I think when Patterson gets into full game shape, the second unit will have some more defense, further allowing for Dalembert to move to the starting five.

20. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

This is great J Hill might have the most potential of any big man on the team and people want to bench him.

J Hill is coming off a career best game but lets bench him right now. Great idea guys.