1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Samuel Beckett

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Batman Jones, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't know if any of you here know or admire the work of Samuel Beckett but if you do and if you're in Houston I hope you'll come check out my company's production of his play ENDGAME. He is my favorite playwright and this is my favorite play of his. And his work is presented far too infrequently.

In fact, if you don't know or admire his work, definitely come see it. It's on this week and next, Wednesday through Saturday.

All performances are Pay-What-You-Can. And we offer cheap beer, wine and other beverages before the show and free beer, soda and water after.

Tickets available at www.catastrophictheatre.com.

Two very favorable reviews (from the Houston Chronicle and the Houston Press) came out today. Here are links to each of them. Hope to see some of you at the show.

http://www.29-95.com/art/story/castastrophic’s-endgame-does-beckett-get-any-better

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/artattack/2012/02/endgame.php

2. aghast

aghast Member

I've never seen Endgame performed, only read it. Thanks, Batman; I'll definitely check this out.

(Haven't seen anything else y'all have done, but I caught your Wallace Shawn revival a while back. This should be fun.)

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I honestly clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be about "Quantum Leap".

1 person likes this.
  4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Awesome, ask for me and say hello if you think to. My name is Jason.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

keep fighting the good fight, bats.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

me too. that show was really great. :cool:

7. Apps

Apps Member

"Endgame" is my favorite of his, but alack, I don't live in Houston. :(