1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Nexus Prime

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

4.02 is the latest officially released version of Android for the Verizon version. GSM variants got 4.0.3 pushed out and then they stopped. (It is pushing again). Keep in mind, some updates are not necessary for certain variants. (Example: Nexus S4G got 2.3.5 before NS got it)

4.0.3 is in the AOSP source which is why ROMS for the Verizon version are based off of that, along with the kernels.

4.04 is a leak that Samsung was testing and it didn't come out. I would NOT install this version of Android onto your phone (you can install without rooting) if you plan on getting an OTA update again without some hackery.

May I ask what is bothering you so much about the updates? I don't think there are many big issues in 4.02 but then again I haven't used it since December 15th.

If it makes you feel any better I expect 4.0.5 in the next 50 days or so.(This should be an officially released version to be pushed out to the Toro)

2. Scionxa

Also, who was it that was having problems with group messages on iPhones? If you're on Verizon, you can ue VZW Messages and it sorts them correctly. If you can't grab it on the market due to "incompatible with your device", let me know. I have the .apk

3. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I've heard the radios from 4.0.4 are much improved, and in my area, that would really improve my overall experience with the phone.

I understand that 4.0.2 is the latest official release. My question is: why? What's the holdup? From all accounts, 4.0.4 is plenty stable. Why not push it out?

Yeah, I heard the same thing about 4.0.4...weeks ago. No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it.

4. Scionxa

I have tried the 4.0.4 radio's If you're willing to just unlock your bootloader, you can flash them onto your phone via fastboot without any root access.

The FA02 (4.04) LTE radio is kind crappy in comparison to EK02, IMO. The CDMA radio is way better though.

Do you have signal problems? You may already know this but don't let the bars on this phone fool you. You may have 1 bar on 4G LTE and in reality, you have full bar Verizon coverage for voice and text. The DBM reading on this phone is only for data, unless you turn off data and you're in 1X mode. You can test this by turning off data in an area where you think you have bad service and see that your signal bars will jump all the way back up after some time.

Now, I'm not trying to completely disagree with you. I do think that the phone has a significantly weaker LTE chip than other LTE devices I have owned, and at times the hand off is kind of weak.

I currently use a hybrid of the EK06/EK02 radio's and hand off is great.

5. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

It was me!! That would be great!

6. Scionxa

Come to think of it, I think I can see why 4.0.2 isn't that satisfying. I guess I was just thinking of it from my point of view. You shouldn't have to hack your phone to do any of that stuff but if for some reason you do feel like doing so, feel free to hit me up if you ever have any questions.

7. Scionxa

E-mail sent :)

8. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Hey, I guess I don't have that email address anymore haha. I'll shoot you my new email as a PM to you. Thanks again.

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Cool Easter eggs for ICS and gingerbread os. Love the Nyandroid screen saver on my nexus :grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t-0TY0oXsi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

4.0.4 radios killed my batt. flashed back to 4.0.2.radios after a few days. of course this was only my exp in the galveston/houston area.

other than that, the mediocre volume on a stock nexus (which can be remedied with the volume+ app) is the only other issue i can remember. been it's been a while since i've gone stock.

11. Scionxa

This completely solves the issue with group messaging amongt iPhones. Just tried it and there's a few bugs but works relatively good.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1559824

Also, that app has an Emoji plug in :p

Oh, and if you're rooted, I have a package that will enable you to see Emoji's throughout Android and not just your messaging app. (E.g No more boxes on Twitter Timelines, etc)

12. Scionxa

13. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

14. Scionxa

Yeah, definitely. It's not a bad phone at all. I just get over phones within 3 months and get new ones all the time lol.

15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Anybody else receive OTA update today? Got mine up to date 4.04

16. Scionxa

GSM? Yeah, it has rolled out for a while now.

Verizon needs to hurry up and finish testing 4.05. The latest radio I hear that's going to leak is FC03. Hopefully that improves the LTE signal a bit.

17. Scionxa

4.04 update is rolling out to VZW nexus. The FC04 radios in it are really good too :)

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

If i am on the 4.0.4 that was leaked a while back will i eventually get this latest update?

19. Scionxa

No, you will not. You're going to have to go back to stock 4.02 to get it. Or, you can flash a 4.04 based rom and the latest radios.

20. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

I have a Nexus. I can't get it to update to 4.04.

What gives?