1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Nexus Prime

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Haha, I like that metamorph mod you have :)

2. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

ICS features and theme with samsung hardware got me hooked after watching and reading about it extensively for the past couple of days. Of course I have to get it unlock as I am still under contract with t hoebo.

[​IMG]

Just bought me a neoprene pouch for my gnex as I like to have my phone naked without having to use the alternative protection in hard and gel case because it leaves dust trap. The same pouch I have been using for my nexus one and the g2. You can get it on ebay for 5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Neopren...808064?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c63049e40

3. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

joke's on you, got it for 2 dollars free shipping about a year ago, love this thing, worth every penny

4. got em COACH

[​IMG]

5. Scionxa

You guys are brave having the Nexus go naked like that. Especially if you have the thinner GSM version lol. :)

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Please post an update about how it fits. Some of the stuff you find on Ebay are cheap Chinese knock-offs that aren't really the proper dimensions.

I've been looking for a proper pouch for the Galaxy Nexus; considering a fitBag.

7. Scionxa

Sprint Galaxy Nexus just cruised through the FCC :)

8. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Anyone read the opinion piece on Androidandme about the lack of update support for Nexus devices? As a previous Nexus S user, I am pretty disappointed in Google's handling of support and their overall customer service. How can they market these devices with having the latest and greatest? I guess being "open" exonerates them.

9. Scionxa

Did you have a CDMA Nexus?

http://source.android.com/source/building-devices.html

If I'm not mistaken I believe the GSM variants got their ICS updates already. The Verizon CDMA Galaxy Nexus has it's updates pushed by Google, and approved by Verizon.

What I have heard, is that there is a problem with Wi-MAX from the leaked builds of ICS for the NS4G.

10. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

I just unlocked/rooted and flashed Codename Android 1.5. I like the added flexibility, only I'm getting a few crashes/forced reboots that never happened stock. Suggested alternatives?

Also, what's the best CPU governor for better battery life w/o sacrificing too much performance?

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

When is it to be released?

I am getting ready to upgrade, and I still consider the Galaxy S 2 as the better phone, unless the Sprint Nexus comes with an improved camera.

In my opinion, Sprint kind of dropped the ball by delaying this so much.

13. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

No, I had the GSM (T-Mobile) version. They started the update rollout for the T-Mobile devices, but due to terrible battery life, they stopped the update. They have also not provided any sort of information regarding what their plans are going forward for ICS to Nexus S devices. It's been 3+ months since they stopped the update. AT&T and Sprint users have not received the updates.

14. Scionxa

I have a pretty big personal problem with the developer of that ROM but I won't get into that.
    The reason you are getting those issues is because that ROM doesn't use a stock kernel. It uses a kernel compiled by that developmental team.

I would recommend flashing popcorn kernel by SonicXML, and as far as ROM's go I would definitely go with AOKP (Codename Android is a huge rip off of AOKP)

(I am assuming you have an LTE Nexus, please do not flash if you have GSM and I can provide you with appropriate links or you can find them in the appropriate section )

ROM: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/19302-android-open-kang-project-toro-milestone-4/

Kernel: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/16790-v8...vernors142ghzcolorsoundcontrol-popcornkernel/

Obviously, when flashing a ROM be prepared to wipe data, cache, and dalvik.

When flashing a kernel (even if you're not switching roms), wipe cache and dalvik. Your phone will then say "Android is upgrading" when it boots back up.

Popcorn kernel uses a modified conservative governor that provides both good battery life, and performance. Most kernels run slow as hell when on "conservative".

Another kernel I would recommend is "Leankernel" by Imoseyon. Be careful with his experimental versions though

15. Scionxa

Interesting, I guess I just affiliate myself with a lot of people who use custom ICS roms. I wasn't aware it stopped rolling out. Yeah, Google has never been good at communicating with it's customers. It usually tries to hand over support to either the manufacturer or carrier.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I wish they would make a Galaxy Nexus world phone with both CDMA and GSM radios. I would pay full price.

17. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Thank you very much!

18. got em COACH

Just now received my neoprene sleeve and my only gripe is that it took them a month to get here. Guess i can't complain since the shipping was free. The phone fits in the sleeve perfectly. You can hold sleeve with the phone upside down and it won't slip and fall out. I feel at ease with the sleeve protecting the phone whenver i put it in my pocket against loose change and car keys. You won't have to worry about lent and dust getting in either. The best sleeve to go with if you like your phone bare naked.

[​IMG]

#838 got em COACH, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  19. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Okay, I hate to gripe, (I really do like this phone in general) but what is up with the complete lack of updates for the Galaxy Nexus? I bought a Prime phone expecting to receive timely and first-release updates from Google. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for an OTA update while others are already using 4.0.4. I'm starting to regret getting this device. If I wanted to flash some hacked ROM or install ICS myself, I would have bought a phone with better specs for less money and done it. I know the tendency is to blame Verizon, but I have trouble believing the almighty Google is subject to the whims of some mobile carrier.

I feel like Google is really dropping the ball with this device, which is a real shame since it has/had the potential to win over a ton of iPhone users like myself.

20. got em COACH

It's been released but unofficial. So we'll just have to wait until it's official