1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S IV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 20, 2012.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Here's why the GS4 is currently at the top of my wish list:
    1. Yes, the plastic/polycarbonate shell is less than ideal. But honestly my phone is anything but a fashion accessory to me, so objectively this matters little except for the sake of vanity.
    2. It has the best specs, period. It has more sensors than any other phone in existence (ambient thermometer! neat.).
    3. Humongous, replaceable battery. HTC and their non-removable, so-so battery life will not cut it.
    4. Wireless charging. Yes, I know Nexus 4 has this too (and that is second on the list for me).
    5. Some of the software features are gimmicks, but some are actually quite cool. Like recording 5 secs of audio with a picture -- I already know how that would be very useful to me.
    6. Samsung is hacker friendly. HTC is decidedly not. This (and the battery thing) make the HTC One a non-starter for me, no matter how beautiful it is. I'm going to get tired of the stock look in 2 months max and when that happens, I can't afford to be stuck.
    7. Good camera. As an amateur photographer, this matters to me. HTC's 4MP grainy gimmicky camera won't cut it.
    8. 5" 1080p AMOLED. Yes. These things matter.
    9. Worldwide LTE roaming. Yes.

In the end, the only real downside is that it isn't the prettiest thing in the world. And in the grand scheme of things, that really doesn't matter that much. The Nexus 4 is really the only other phone I'm seriously considering, but it would essentially be a cheaper, less-equipped alternative. So it's pig out on Galaxy S IV and get the best, or settle for a Nexus 4 (admittedly a great phone in its own right though).

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

You scallywag!

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

¡¡¡ǝuoɥd ɔıʇsɐןd bıq 'ʇsɹıɟ ʎɯ ʎnq oʇ ʇıɐʍ ʇouuɐɔ ı

4. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Anyone heard anything on U.S. release dates?

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

people at sprint told me middle of next month.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Anyone know of any special deals for this phone with an AT&T contract? The cheapest i've found is on amazon for $168 (16GB)

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Or does anyone know who fixed cracked screens in Houston on the S4? I already broked mine.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

10. matrixReloaded