1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S IV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 20, 2012.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Nice...my phone is only updated to 4.1.2, so I'll be looking forward to that.

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Your alternatives to polycarbonate are Gorilla Glass or metal. Each have their inherent pros and cons.

Gorilla Glass looks pretty, but it can shatter. For example, take a look at the Nexus 4 which uses Gorilla Glass for the front and back. There are numerous reports of it shattering from light drops.

Metal has a premium feel to it, but it's also heavy and prone to scratching. iPhones use metal, and while having a nice look and feel to it, you're likely to have scratches on the casing.

Polycarbonate is light and very impact resistant (it's what they use in bulletproof glass). But it also feels and looks cheap.

Go with whichever casing you feel is best for your preferences. I feel that polycarbonate works the best functionally. I have a metal HTC G2 that has plenty of scratches on the casing. Remember that most people do put a case on their phones, too, so a premium metal looking iPhone won't look metal with a rubberized case on it.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Supposed to be revealed today around 6 PM CST. Here's some more possible leaked stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tN7o_AhIlTM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jCAtRNiYBmI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tH3XqqCVN5A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m0uHy3SNfXQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Umm false? Polycarbonate can be done in different ways. Have you ever held a ploycarbonate HTC phone like the HTC DNA? It feels way more premium than a galaxy s3. Unibody design helps a lot but you would have to sacrifice removable battery.

5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Agreed. I have the HTC One X+ and it's polycarbonate feels a hell of a lot better than the cheap plastic on the Samsung GS3.

That being said, I wouldn't think it's a deal breaker. I'm kind of leaning towards a GS4 but still undecided if I want the ONE.

6. nono

nono Member

I don't understand so much hype about a phone. It better be great otherwise they'll be embarrassed.

7. nono

nono Member

Can anyone tell me what is so special about this phone ? Just trying to understand the excitement here. Has there been some major technological breakthrough ?

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

It has x-ray capabilities, good for taking pictures of unsuspecting women in public.

9. underoverup

underoverup Member

It's more powerful than a lot of computers on the market and it fits in your pocket.

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Where were you when all of the iphones came out?

11. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Any word on the battery.

12. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Or just read this thread?

13. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

this presentation is cringe worthy

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

yah....

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ZOMG! Spoilerz dat der nuddie pic!

[​IMG]

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

fyi, even though its almost a hour in, the announcement is still going on...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/IDXILsX7_QI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/IDXILsX7_QI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

19. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

painful.

Samsung basically paraded wine soaked housewives around for an hour and threw as many gimmicks out there as they could

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I tuned in about 4 min ago. WTF am I watching?!