1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S IV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 20, 2012.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I hope these are domestic release dates and not international.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Pretty much like Omega said, they'll do all of that around that time. It typically takes a little bit of time, maybe a month or two sometimes, for it to come to the U.S. under a carrier -- if you go by how they've released the previous Galaxy models. Of course the international ones are always released first, unsubsidized.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I made a vow that if I choose android never buy a non-nexus phone ever again... Lets see if Samsung can change my minds, besides they are pretty decent in allowing their devices to be hack-able. The one thing I can't stand with Samsung phones is their build quality. They maybe durable enough to survive drops but damn do they feel cheap. I currently have a Nexus 4 which has the opposite problem, scared to death of an accidental drop but it sure feels premium in the hands. One more gripe about Samsung devices that I hope they can fix on the next galaxy is shoddy screen calibration. Amoled screen inherently can never represent white without some sort of tint and it makes the screen look nasty at times especially at lower brightness. My Nexus 4 had a problem with initial screen calibration with its ips display but it was easy to correct with a custom kernel and now the screen demolishes any amoled screen. Unfortunaly when I owned a Galaxy Nexus no matter the amount of calibration I performed with the screen there always seemed to be a lingering tint. I wish Samsung went away from amoled but many people unfortunately love the unrealistic high contrast and deep blacks which I admit look impressive. Also stock android is aesthetically better than touchwiz and its "nature ui".

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It's official. Launch on March 14th in New York with shipments starting in mid April.

Link.

My iPhone 4 is on it's last legs. Cannot wait.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I hate the physical home button. I wish they'd drop it.

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dIEfNaNCkKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(CNN) -- Samsung's next Galaxy smartphone might be controlled by nothing more than the user's eyes, according to a new report in advance of its March 14 unveiling.
    "Eye scrolling" will do things like scroll down a page of text when the user's eyes have reached the bottom of the screen, according to a New York Times report.

Quoting an unnamed Samsung employee who has used the phone, the Times said the Samsung Galaxy S IV, the next generation in its popular Galaxy S line, will be more heavily geared toward new software than a physical reboot of the Android-based device.

The Korean company has for all practical purposes announced the Galaxy S IV will be unveiled at a New York City event on March 14.

7. dback816

dback816 Member

If it's really that amzing, might ditch this iPhone 4S of mine

Contract will be up this Christmas

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love mine on the Note 2. I prevents me from accidentally closing apps.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Eye-scrolling sounds like a feature I would not want to early adopt. Probably turn it off until someone perfects it before I get a headache.

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

yeah it sounds like some of their other gimmicky features like the swipe to screenshot, tilt to zoom...

those dont work well

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This phone is truly a game changer. The iPhone screen resolution is at least 50% of its advantage over other phones.

12. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

I ordered the galaxy III s because i lost my Atrix 2. It's pretty hard living without a cellphone even though I have a phone in my office. When did it become weird not being "connected" at all time?

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

the iphone's resolution stopped being an advantage at the beginning of last year when other android phones came out with similarly spec'ed screens.

i really wouldn't put apple's ecosystem ahead of google's right now. just a matter of preference for folks.

edit: btw, there's a few pics floating around the internets this morning of pics believed to be the new s4. if it's it, then meh.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

the 5 will be out by then. they need to make these contracts shorter if they're going to come out with new phones every 6 months. this makes me want to take a **** on my s2.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not the first phone with 440 PPI.

16. 713

713 Member

when is release date

17. ashiin

ashiin Member

If you weren't so god damn lazy to scroll up and literally see the announcement date you wouldn't have to ask that question.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have a feeling the Galaxy S4 will not be the "game-changer" people expect. It might have some of the iPhone 5 doldrums after 3-4 months. But if it lives up to the buildup, Apple's cash cow is in serious trouble.

19. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

My thoughts exactly. I don't want to be the first to try out any gimmicks... just give me a better camera, screen, battery, more powerful specs, etc.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

he's not lazy, he shouldn't have to use his fingers to scroll. tell clutch to get off his ass and integrate some eye-scrolling onto this site.