1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy is a turd

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, May 5, 2015.

1. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Get the S5

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ROFL about non-apple computer slowing down... ****ing apple uses the same **** as everyone else, you basically pay for their OS and aesthetic design... I'm not sure why your pc is slowing down, but a class in computers might help if you're causing the slowness (haha, sorry but first comment makes me think this)... But if you really want speed just get an SSD, it'll make an old computer blazing. And on side note it is possible to **** up apple os too if you like clicking "yes" on browser pop-ups.

3. ubigred

Note 2,3,4....

The pen is mightier than the sword.

4. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

I am still on the S4. It is starting to become more crappy day by day. I just don't feel like paying for the 5.

5. ubigred

Root and install Hyperdrive Rom.

You're welcome

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I have tried it. hard reset twice and updated everything, and still same issues. Makes me think it's a problem with Android in general.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Try a hard reset and no microSD card. Sometimes a faulty micoSD card can cause a lot of issues because it has issues reading and writing to it.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I wish that was the case :( I've never put a sd card in my phone before.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, that was not the advice i gave you.
    Go directly to the Samsung rep at best buy

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he's trying so hard to not find a solution, so he can continue bashing an excellent product.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Can't really generalize Android. I don't have any of the issues you're speaking of on my Nexus 6.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was extremely frustrated with my Sprint update, the phone started stinking, I went on the web and did all those things he's trying to do now. Then I decided to go Best Buy where I know they have a Samsung space. They plugged my phone via USB to their laptop and it said my version was corrupt, so they updated my phone with the latest Samsung approved Lolipop and it's a good phone again.

I agree, hotballa is purposely NOT trying to fix his phone so he can complain about samsung.

if you tell someone to drink water when they are in the desert and they don't, then you know that they don't care.

13. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I have the s6 edge, and when it started out, it started lagging. Omega gave some sugestions, but I don't have to hit those yet. I disabled the bloatware and the phone is blazing fast. The only problems I've had recently are with some app updates, but that is not he phones fault. I've since disabled auto update. Everything is smooth and fast, and battery lasts throughout the day. I've been on a phone call now for about an hour and still have 85% battery life.

I've been with Android since the original G1 came out. Went to G2, Galaxy s2, s4, now s6.

Apple seems stable, but its so locked up and so small. It's just a personal preference, but Im sticking with my Androids.

14. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Some are starting blaming Android, when it should be as the OP entitled the thread, Samsung/TouchWiz. Not to say Google didn't drop the ball on the Lollipop update when it first came out (memory leak), but they seem to use Agile development so you get updates pretty quick especially when needed.

Other manufacturers are taking the Android OS and doing things to it. It's good and bad. You get different flavors of it if you don't like the plain Jane version. It's like if someone took the Apple OS and starting F'ing with it. You'd see issues, I'm sure. Different strokes...