1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Same Old Rockets 0-3 Major trades need to be done Feeling like a Cubs Fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeabrookMiglla, Oct 31, 2010.

1. SeabrookMiglla

I don't know if I am the only one that thinks that the Rockets are a big disappointment as a ball club this year.

There is literally no clutch player to take over or make big shots going down the stretch in a close 4th quarter game. Are we supposed to rely on AB or Chase Bud to knock down crucial shots or move the momentum of a close ball game in the 4th quarter. Well it didn't happen last season and you would have thought that this ball club would have fixed that but they haven't. So we open 0-3. And I know somebody is going to post...The games were close dude blah blah blah.

Everybody knows the Lakers got there rings and just turned it on to take over the second half at there house. Do you think they were going to lose at home for there season opener after getting there rings? Uhhh No

Also GS game how the hell did we lose that ? We just lost to the better squad. Which is scary to say considering GS W/L record last year. And Nuggets just whooped us down in the paint and with Melo taking over in second half. Sure there were bad calls but jesus i am tired of Rockets fans making excuses for poor performance.

After watching the Nuggets defeat us in the 4th quarter and seeing rushed 3-pointers because our post game sucks so bad without Yao from clubhouse seats last night at the Toyota Center I began to recognize our team could suck for years to come. Brooks had bad shot selection in the 4th quarter and other players followed suit in chunking up 3-pointers without getting off. boards.

Also for everybody saying start Chase Bud keep in mind he still has no DEFENSE and gets burned when players take him to the hole. He plays hard and works hard but we are dealing i feel with a whole roster of tier two players or bench players that are starting.

Both rockets fans and current management need to quit falling in love with players on the roster and recognize that major trades need to be made to secure a clutch scorer in the 4th quarter. As a rockets fan since the 90's I am starting to feel like a damn Cubs Fan.

What do I have to look forward too ? A mid-season acquisition for Eric Dampier? Are you f'ing serious!!!

What do you think needs to happen this season? All the big free agents have been acquired and the deal isn't apparently right for Melo to come to Houston. The Rockets need to pay up and get Melo. What are our other options? Trade Yao? I don't agree with that, but we need to do something

1 person likes this.
  2. DaJet

DaJet Member

Oh man, you have no idea what type of mess you've gotten into.

3. SeabrookMiglla

I know I am not the first rockets fan to say half the stuff I brought up so I really dont care looking forward to hearing responses

4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

one star.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

CHAPMAN'S BACK!!!! :)

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I stopped reading after this.

7. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

What major trade do you have in mind? If our guys are not good enough, why would anyone trade anything of value for them?

8. SeabrookMiglla

I think we have a decent squad but we need a clutch scorer that can make big shots down the stretch. i dont know who we can acquire because i havent researched it for hours on end thats why i am posting in the forum

if you think we can go to the NBA Finals with the current squad you are crazy

we will need to make acquisitions to have a stronger endgame

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So I'm guessing you are new to Clutchfans and have NOT been reading threads here for the past 2 years?

10. SeabrookMiglla

i read clutchfans like once in a while but never post. i am actually on my brothers account and he will probably be pissed im hating on the rockets on his account, but he'll never figure out.

i will always be a rockets fan but i would like to see this team better and seriously don't know what the hell can be done as far as acquisitions outside the Melo deal to make this team legitimately stronger

11. DaJet

DaJet Member

Is brian_chapman your brother? :confused:

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This thread is another reason losing streaks suck.

1 person likes this.
  13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i read a lot of obvious complaints and no solutions

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Please, leave your keyboard and never post again. Or, go to the ESPN boards.

We've played 3 games.

Get over your insecurities.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Did you fall out of a crib when you were younger and if so did your brother try to sell it on craigslist?

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

0-3?!?!? ZOMG TANK THE SEASON.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I grew up in Illinois. 50% of my childhood friends are "damn" cardinal fans and 50% are cubs fans...then after HS, I moved to Rice U to catch Phi Slamma Jamma in the early '80s.

I actually have problems with you using "damn Cubs fans" as a rockets message. I know what you are saying, but still...have a little respect. You could have said "damn Astros fans" and carried the same message.

bottomline: Hakeem gave us two titles. And the Cubs fans deserve less anecdotes about them, especially via other sports analogies.

18. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

i don't know why everyone is hating. true this thread has no real solutions, only obvious problems, but how can people be so pissy?

this is the best team we've had in at least 4 years or possibly longer. there are no excuses after an 0-3 start, just a piss poor performance by the rockets. they should be better. it is what it is.

i'm as optimistic as the next person, but i'm sick of hearing people make excuses for our rockets. there's such a thing as being a devout fan AND not being a homer at the same time. it's time for some of those homers to get real and maybe get a little mad at the same time.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

All this after three games REALLY? we have 79 games to go and already you feel like a cubs fan REALLY? Most of our points came in the paint, but yet our post game sucks REALLY? Luis had 36 against the warriors i don't remember him taking many three's. Losing sucks but the only thing that sucks more are premature ejacu*****g fans who think they know everything. How about you wait until atleast a fourth of our games are played before unleashing unwanted diarrhea out of your fingertips on to this board for all of us to enjoy! thank you :grin:

20. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

i would give the team 20 games or so to see how they go..if we went 5-15,,that would be the panic button right there..